How do you unroot?

B

budmonster

Can someone please post a step by step guide on how to unroot the Rezound? I need to swap Rezounds at Verzion tomorrow and want to get my phone back. I heard that I have to download a RUU file or something and then relock the bootloader, but I'm not sure. I appreciate any help.

dadsterflip

Reaction score
Let me know Id you get any problem like them knowing you unlocked your phone through htcdev or what not. If you don't get any trouble I might just root my wife to debloat this beast.

I think if I'm correct is to download the correct signed ruu and then relock it but I could be wrong.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

OP
B

budmonster

Let me know Id you get any problem like them knowing you unlocked your phone through htcdev or what not. If you don't get any trouble I might just root my wife to debloat this beast.

I think if I'm correct is to download the correct signed ruu and then relock it but I could be wrong.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

I'm guessing this is the correct RUU? RUU_Vigor_VERIZON_WWE_1.02.605.6_Radio_RS_0.95.00.1013r_3161E_9K_NV_8k_1.12_9k_1.83_V_APT_release_221502_signed.exe?

If that is how do I use it? I know I have to relock my phone first somehow? But how to I "flash" this RUU once I relock my phone? Do I just plug my phone into my PC and double click the .exe file to install it? Do I have to be in recovery when doing it?

EVSP

Reaction score
Did you ever get a resolution to this?? I want to root my Rezound but I need to know if there's a way to put it back if the phone needs to be swapped?

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
You can always relock your phone. "unrooting" is as simple as uninstalling the root app. I'd personally suggest that anyone looking to return a phone RUU the phone before sending/taking it back if possible. This sets the phone at factory similar to SBF'ing in the moto world.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Check the sticky in the hacks section for Matt's Razr Utility.

Blessing

Reaction score
Is there any other way instead of downloading 1GB file to unroot my phone?