How do you UnRoot Droid X running official OTA 2.2?

C5O

Reaction score
does anyone know how I can unroot my droid x running the official 2.2 OTA

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
- open your trusty terminal app
- you should see a $ symbol, now do the following
- su
- now you should see a # symbol
- mount -o rw,remount -t ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk1p21 /system
- rm /system/app/Superuser.apk
- rm /system/bin/su
* rm /system/bin/busybox
- mount -o ro,remount -t ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk1p21 /system
- reboot your phone. Toda, no more root

posted by: Eousphoros

Reaction score
Thanks for posting this, I was just trying to figure this out. This forum always makes things so much easier!

66chevelless

Reaction score
Unrooting DX w/2.2

Soo sorry in advance for my paranoid question... I obtained root using the android sdk and placing "doroot" into the tools folder of android sdk. Worked great, but then realized that I wanted to be able to unroot if need be for warranty purposes, plus I impulsively did all this THE FIRST DAY OF HAVING THE PHONE! (I got overconfident rooting my D1, and figured I could do this). SO here's my questions... I just don't want to mess anything up!

Does this unroot method work regardless of how root was obtained?
Also, just to make sure I am not messing things up... I enter the text in the terminal emulator EXACTLY as shown above? Ie. the spaces, and all? I am assuming that the "*" that appears at the beginning of line 8 is supposed to be a "-" ? and the "mount -o ro" on line 9 is correct and not supposed to look like the "mount -o rw" on line 5? :icon_eek:

tatuud

Reaction score
Its correct...rw-read write...ur mounting system as read write. Ro-read only...ur mounting system back to read only.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

standupguy33

Reaction score
man that was sooo much easier than i thought it would be. worked great, now when i originally rooted my x i used doroot, now after i get my new x(unrooted due to screen spots)should i doroot again or should i try that one click root? thanx again pc747!

wkim

Reaction score
everytime i "su" it keeps saying "permission denied." how do give superuser permission for the terminal app?