1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

How do you UltimateJuice!?

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by ballaholyk84, Jul 26, 2010.

1. ballaholyk84

ballaholyk84 New Member

Whats going on guys and gals. I am just looking for possibly the best setup for the UltimateJuice! App.

I installed it yesterday but cant seem to get above 1.0x haha.

I work nights 1030PM-7AM but still need to be able to get emails and texts. Also I sleep during the day from 1PM-9PM but still need to be able to get texts and email (Time sensitive stuff).

So pretty much I can never have my data go off to where it doesnt allow texts or emails.

So I am not exactly sure how to set everything up to save my battery the most. WIFI is not a must as I dont ever really use it while I am home anyway or anywhere else.

I am running BB V.4 with the Blue Energy theme. I have removed SetCPU also so it doesnt conflict with Petes BB. Also using Launcher Pro. Only have home screen with Beautiful Widgets Home and nothing more beside home icons. Also running Chevys ULV1.1 kernel.

Any help would be great to get my Battery to extend. Hate charging half way through work sometimes.
    Thank you.
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2010
  2. erikfig

erikfig New Member

I have the default setting and is being working great!!!
  3. ballaholyk84

ballaholyk84 New Member

Anyone else have any input on this matter?
  4. trainstroker

trainstroker New Member

Your requirement for email means there's a need for data. Using wifi instead of 3g for data will save you battery. Also make sure you turn down brightness to lowest setting. I underclock my droid in the range of 250 Mhz and 400 Mhz (using setCPU, I also run Bugless Beast). I would also recommend turning on the scheduler so that you get data in 1m bursts every 15m. I believe texts will come through the phone base signal (not data). Do you have wifi at home or work?
  5. PearlMikeJam

PearlMikeJam New Member

I am using the basic Juice Defender, but am realizing around 1.7x battery improvement. I have been as high as 2.3x, but something changed with the latest update that dropped me down.

I use the default settings and get text and emails just fine, however, I use GMail for all my emails. Since that syncs when data is connected, the scheduled data connection option works fine. The only setting I changed was to allow the data connection when the battery is low. I will need the data connection even when the battery is low, and will only be using it when I am near a charger.

Finally, along with some of the other advice, I would remove any task killer you have and move to a static wallpaper, if you are using live wallpapers. Both eat battery.

It took some time for my Juice Defender to show the battery improvement, so just because you are at 1x today does not mean you will be at 2x by this weekend.
  6. trainstroker

trainstroker New Member

that multiplier is based on the last 48 hours.

Latedroid: JuiceDefender

this looks like the documentation for this product, check it out.
  7. dpaine88

dpaine88 New Member

Rollin default, only had it for a few days but getting like 1.75x
  8. ballaholyk84

ballaholyk84 New Member

Thanks for the input bud. I set it all up just to your specs including underclocking. Yes I am using an Airport Extreme at home and no WIFI at work as its a hospital and they are pretty strict on device usage.

I understand it takes some time. I seen the 48 hour time deal and also view graphs via JuicePlotter.