HOw do you turn off the stupid "auto-add to contacts after long click" in texting?

cs3

Reaction score
Before, with GB, I was able to long click on a message form the main text inbox, and it would popup an option to delete the thread (al;ong with options to view contact, add to privacy box, blacklist, etc).
Now with ICS i long click and the screen pops up for a fraction of a second and is immediately replaced by the ridiculous backup assistant screen trying to add the number to your contacts.

wtf, why would anyone want this as an option when you could easily do it several other non-stupid ways.
how do I disable this "feature"? for the life of me I cannot find a way to turn it off and its getting frustrating.

mikekhelxD

Reaction score
I don't get that problem at all. Maybe because I didn't turn on backup assistant. However, the only option I get now is just to delete the thread.

OP
C

cs3

Reaction score
weird.
i didnt turn it on either. it just started doing it.
this is only for numbers that are not in my contacts. (for example when a bank texts you a security code, or when verizon sends you a message, etc).
the most irritating thing is that even if you click "cancel" it still saves the number to your contacts! wtf

AceDROID

Reaction score
I'm experiencing this also. It just started happening for me, actually. Kind of a huge annoyance. Not gonna lie.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2