How Do You Track Your Mobile Hotspot Usage?

want a droid

Reaction score
Well I'm off Spring Break and back at school so I'm going to be using the Mobile Hotspot. I was wondering the easiest way to track my usage. I want to see if I could realistically use it once the free trial is over.

Is there a widget or app I could pick up (My Verizon isn't supported on the HTC ThunderBolt yet)

Or do I just have to go to the website?

Thanks

Jumper2501

Reaction score
Good question. I'm sort of in the same boat. I haven't used it yet, but plan to try it out tomorrow. I'm also looking to see if it'll be worth it (probably won't see 4G here this year).

BubbaRob

Reaction score
I'm wondering also. So far I have been running the official Hotspot app for almost a day and a half, on and off. It seems to disconnect a lot even in a heavy 4G signal areas. I have also connected it through the USB cord and it works perfect without disconnecting. It seems there are some bugs with the true mobile hotspot app.

I have burned through 2GB of data already but it all shows up under my "unlimited" phone data section in the Verizon website. The only other data section I see is the Mobile Broadband data bar and that says I have used zero. I do have 4G services so its eating through the data like crazy. I was streaming the NCAA games today also. It works great.

Last edited:

lettuce chief

Reaction score
Yeah.... Sign into your verizon and under usage it has it. All the way at the bottom of the page.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using DroidForums App

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
I'm wondering also. So far I have been running the official Hotspot app for almost a day and a half, on and off. It seems to disconnect a lot even in a heavy 4G signal areas. I have also connected it through the USB cord and it works perfect without disconnecting. It seems there are some bugs with the true mobile hotspot app.

I have burned through 2GB of data already but it all shows up under my "unlimited" phone data section in the Verizon website. The only other data section I see is the Mobile Broadband data bar and that says I have used zero. I do have 4G services so its eating through the data like crazy. I was streaming the NCAA games today also. It works great.

Same experience here. I don't think I'll be paying $20 for this. I disconnected quite often on Pidgin - though I was getting a consistent 24 down and 13 up... At least my Droid 1 kept me online even if it was slower. And yes, my data showed up in my unlimited data pool - not the mobile broadband connect like I thought it would.

alboboy10

Reaction score
Cant you get free tethering if you hack your phone?