how do you take the battery out of the driod x?

blksedan

Reaction score
I took the black thing out of the back when I first bought it. When I put my battery in ..its hard to take it out? How are you guys doing it?

Jcshannon05

Reaction score
Are you talking about the thing under the battery that says pull on it?

DX Tapatalk Pro

dabeechman

Reaction score
I took the black thing out of the back when I first bought it. When I put my battery in ..its hard to take it out? How are you guys doing it?

There is a "pull" tab under the battery that helps lift the battery out.

Hopefully you didn't pull hard enough to either break or disconnect that pull tab.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

the black thing referring to the pull tab? u might have some trouble without that.

OP
B

blksedan

Reaction score
thats what i took off...dang!!! Is their a way to get another one you think???

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
just use a thin knife where the tab was to pop out the battery

be careful though

OP
B

blksedan

Reaction score
Ok, I found a way to get it out. I guess I will continue to use this method

browerjs

Reaction score

I did the same thing as you, what method do you use to get it out?

IMO the tab was poorly worded, the way I read it was don't cut the tab because then you couldn't pull the black thing out, and I've seen posts on other forums where people have done the same thing.

steven.rn

Reaction score

I did the same thing as you, what method do you use to get it out?

IMO the tab was poorly worded, the way I read it was don't cut the tab because then you couldn't pull the black thing out, and I've seen posts on other forums where people have done the same thing.

Stupid me did it too... but it pasted right back in riiiiiight after I figured that out... and I think you need the info on that sticker..... :cus:

Reaction score
There seems to be no place on my battery for the pull tab. I'm not sure if the best buy rep removed it or what, but I don't have one and there are no tear marks on my battery. What gives? I really don't want to have to carry a knife around with me in case I need to take the battery out. Can anyone else post how they're doing this?

-MikeR-

Reaction score
My wife removed them on both of our phones. Man i was pretty pissed. :icon_evil::icon_evil: Lucky for me i bit my tongue (real hard) but at least she saved them and we were able t put them back in. Used a knife to get the batteries out.