How do you store pics on razr maxx

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Daballa said:
My mistake, thanks for clearing that up. I was in the right direction but my definitions were a bit off. Coming from a rooted D1. It's like learning all over again on this Maxx.

Yeah, the crazy thing is, half the time I have to double check what storage I am actually in trying to keep it all straight... and on the pc, it is labeled different yet. Don't know what moto was thinking.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

phazezero

Reaction score
Think I got it now. Thanks.
Have another question. I just downloaded a pic and when I went to view it, it said, UNABLE TO LOAD SELECTED PHOTO. Can you tell me how to corect his issue? thanks.​

Daballa

Reaction score
phazezero said:
Think I got it now. Thanks.
Have another question. I just downloaded a pic and when I went to view it, it said, UNABLE TO LOAD SELECTED PHOTO. Can you tell me how to corect his issue? thanks.

Not sure, might be a corrupted file or bad download. You might want to try to download it again. Also, check the files extension to see if it is a supported format like .jpg. If you aren't already try the gallery app "quickpic free in the play store.

phazezero

Reaction score
Not sure, might be a corrupted file or bad download. You might want to try to download it again. Also, check the files extension to see if it is a supported format like .jpg. If you aren't already try the gallery app "quickpic free in the play store.

Okay, here's the problem, just downloaded 5 pics (All JPG) and getting the same error message. It does show the pic was downloaded (under notifications)but when I go to view it that's when I get the UNABLE TO LOAD SELECTED PHOTO message. Any ideas how to correct this?

Daballa

Reaction score
phazezero said:
Okay, here's the problem, just downloaded 5 pics (All JPG) and getting the same error message. It does show the pic was downloaded (under notifications)but when I go to view it that's when I get the UNABLE TO LOAD SELECTED PHOTO message. Any ideas how to correct this?

Are you using Quickpic? If not you might want to clear the stock gallery apps data and cache, then it wouldn't hurt to reboot.

Daballa

Reaction score
I personally don't even use the stock gallery since for some reason it consumes a large amount of data. Even though I'm unlimited, I don't like it consuming resources and draining battery. I also don't like how it displays pictures. I like the neatness of the folders in Quickpic. I have disabled the stock gallery it and solely use Quickpic.

phazezero

Reaction score
Are you using Quickpic? If not you might want to clear the stock gallery apps data and cache, then it wouldn't hurt to reboot.

Not using Quickpic. Was using Fish Bowl. Is Quickpic the better choice? I'm new at this...how do you clear the stock gallery apps data and cache?? :(

Daballa

Reaction score
phazezero said:
Not using Quickpic. Was using Fish Bowl. Is Quickpic the better choice? I'm new at this...how do you clear the stock gallery apps data and cache?? :(

To clear data cache: Hit menu/system settings/apps/my gallery/clear data cache. Do the same for fishbowl if that's what you use. You will lose your settings but thus will clean the app. Not familiar with fishbowl but try Quickpic, why not its free and it works very well. IMO it should be the stock gallery app. If you don't like it just uninstall it. Also, you can disable bloatware (unwanted apps) from those directions also. I suggest uninstalling updates and clearing data/cache before uninstalling or disabling apps.

Last edited:

phazezero

Reaction score
To clear data cache: Hit menu/system settings/apps/my gallery/clear data cache. Do the same for fishbowl if that's what you use. You will lose your settings but thus will clean the app. Not familiar with fishbowl but try Quickpic, why not its free and it works very well. IMO it should be the stock gallery app. If you don't like it just uninstall it. Also, you can disable bloatware (unwanted apps) from those directions also. I suggest uninstalling updates and clearing data/cache before uninstalling or disabling apps.

:yr1:
Thanks. Everythings is working fine now. That Quickpic is nice. Appreciate everything.

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
Before getting QuickPic, I would look for my pics in My Gallery> Camera roll.

Actually forget the stock gallery, it sucks, it's slow and you loose any directories you may have put your pictures in.

QuickPic is fast has a basic photo editor and keeps you directories.