How do you stop the auto app installs in 2.2 with market?

lokiju

Reaction score
Every time I flash to a different ROM it fires up and starts sucking down any apps I had installed on any other 2.2 ROM and it's killing my battery.

Is there a way to manage this on the phone or in my gmail account or something like that?

I don't mind the idea of it keeping a backup of what apps I have and allowing me to manage reinstalling them but this auto copy and reinstall has got to go.

Thanks!

Taegost

Reaction score
I've only had that happen with certain ROMs, but I think it's something that's supposed to happen automatically as part of the stock ROM, I've noticed it happening with every FroYo ROM so far.
Unfortunately, I don't know how to stop it except by stopping the auto-sync with the gmail account, but then your contacts won't pull down either.
Doing that really does kill the battery... I sucked down an entire extended battery doing 3 wipes and re-installs in a day, I got about 15 hours out of it :)

nateccnn

Reaction score
Don't wipe your data and cache and it won't attempt to download apps. But then...you're going to wish you had wiped. LOL Its a matter of weighing out all the disadvantages and deciding which evil is worse.

Nate