n813ca

Reaction score
For the life of me I can't figure out how to save JPEG using the gmail

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I noticed sometimes I cant for certain files. In that case I fire up the browser instead of the crappy appy...

OP
N

n813ca

Reaction score
Tried the longpress no luck. Will try browser. Thanks

dremelts

Reaction score
There's an app called Download Crutch that is supposed to allow you to download files that do not have an app associated with them. I haven't tried it yet, but it's rated pretty good. Might be worth looking into.

droidnut803

Reaction score
I'm having issues with saving attachments on my email account as opposed to my gmail which works fine! The weird part is I emailed a picture from my gmail to my email and I was able to save the picture but my girlfriend emailed a picture to my email and I couldn't save it but then she sent the same pic to my gmail and I was able to save it, so I don't know anymore!

droidnut803

Reaction score
I'm having issues with saving attachments on my email account as opposed to my gmail which works fine! The weird part is I emailed a picture from my gmail to my email and I was able to save the picture but my girlfriend emailed a picture to my email and I couldn't save it but then she sent the same pic to my gmail and I was able to save it, so I don't know anymore!

I installed K-9 mail and I'm able to save attachments with no problems! Thanks for the heads up on the K-9 app!:icon_ banana:

FunkUSMCRet

Reaction score
Where?

When I download an attachment from an email, for the life of me I can't locate them... where do they go?

Help please! :)

Joker

Reaction score
You can use an file manager app like "Astro". It will allow you to view most, if not all files on your phone/SD card. It will usually be placed under the directory "download"

maligirl

Reaction score
picture

ok so i can touch and hold the attachment and save it. how do i make it my wallpaper picture now? when i open file and touch the link for a couple seconds, the only options i have are: open,share,delete, rename, copy, move, info. how do i set as wallpaper?

Thanks!

Joker

Reaction score
On your homescreens, hit the Menu>wallpaper>gallery - find your picture and adjust orange box to your liking (touch edge of box to enlarge/shrink, and the center to move box around pix) and hit set wallpaper.

maligirl

Reaction score
thank you. it wasn't in my gallery right away for some reason. but after giving up for a few hours, i checked back in the gallery and it was there. so, like you said, it did work. thanks again

Joker

Reaction score
Not sure if you had the app "astro" file manager, if you do when you pick gallery, I think it has an option to use "astro" to look for you picture, which refreshes much better than the stock gallery app. Another alternative I found to help refresh the gallery is to actually power off the phone and power back on. Don't know a better way as of yet.

jpeves

Reaction score
Saving Attachemtns to Droid Phone

It is very easy to save, view or share any email attachment that comes in, whether it is a photo, a document, a spreadsheet or a PDF file.

Once your email has been opened, simply touch and hold the reference to the attachment until it vibrates (1-2 seconds). This will them open up a menu inviting you to view, save or share the attachment. Just touch save and a message will appear telling you where the attachment has been saved.

Really very easy, although it took me a while to figure this out.

Good luck!

U

usermmg

You can download "Blackmoon AttachSave" from the market. This app works great for saving any kind of attachment.