How do you save down an app, .apk?

wil318466

Reaction score
In other words, I downloaded an app from the market. how do I save that .apk as a file onto my SD card?

I'm afraid they will get rid of a certain app in a week, I want to keep it forever. How would I go about that?

tdog7879

Reaction score
In other words, I downloaded an app from the market. how do I save that .apk as a file onto my SD card?

I'm afraid they will get rid of a certain app in a week, I want to keep it forever. How would I go about that?
if your rooted titaiumn backup is good if not rooted i think you can use astro file manger and move the apk to your sd card

samiusmc

Reaction score

If you are rooted get Root Explorer from the market. It will allow you to access the apps which are stored in the Droid's internal memory. The path is: data\apps. Paid app are at data\pvtapps

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score

If you are rooted get Root Explorer from the market. It will allow you to access the apps which are stored in the Droid's internal memory. The path is: data\apps. Paid app are at data\pvtapps

Hmm, good to know!

dmacleo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
fwiw astro will back up app to an apk that can be stored elsewhere if needed for reinstall, very easy to do.