how do you remove Droid X recovery bootstrap?

Happystranger

Reaction score
From Alldroid:

UPDATE FROM A ROOTED PHONE (running 2.1):

If you have Koush's recovery installed, follow these steps BEFORE attempting to update to 2.2:

1. UNINSTALL the Recovery APK in Settings, Applications
2. Reboot
3. Run "adb shell"
4. Run "su"
5. Run "mount -o remount,rw /dev/block/mmcblk1p21 /system"
6. Run "cp /system/bin/logwrapper.bin /system/bin/logwrapper"
7. Reboot

IF YOU SKIP OR OTHERWISE DO STEP 4 INCORRECTLY, YOU WILL NOT BE HAPPY. PAY ATTENTION TO IT AND STEP 5 TO CONFIRM.

1. Run "adb shell" (you need adb setup and working from a command prompt. If you don't have that, see the ADB support link in Part A)
2. If you don't see "#", run "su" (you will see it if you've installed and run Koush's recovery bootstrapper)
3. Run "mount -o rw,remount /dev/block/system /system"
4. Run "cp /system/bin/su /system/xbin/su"
5. Run "ls /system/xbin/su" and make sure the results are `/system/xbin/su` and NOT `/system/xbin/su: No such file or directory`. If you see the later, repeat the previous step.
6. Copy the update.zip to your sdcard (see below for mirrors as they become available. update.zip released to the wild by P3Droid at MyDroidWorld)
7. Reboot into recovery (power down then hold down home, hold down power until you see moto logo, release power (still holding home). Once you see the triangle with ! in it, release home then press search)
8. Run update.zip

Can we use a terminal emulator too?

xlivewire7x

Reaction score
I'm in the same situation, need to remove bootstrapper... anybody have a link to the SBF files?? I'm searching all over the place but I can't find them... please PM me!!
i got an sfb file that was pm to me but i cant get them to work with RSD i keep getting an error message ill send it to you if you want but i would wait and see if someone will take pitty and explain how to do this properly and verify if these files are the correct one and how to use them

Yea I think I pm'ed you the wrong file. Not sure if you're one of the people I just resent the correct file to so I'll check again.

Happystranger

Reaction score
Success! Using Terminal emulator, I followed the same steps as posted above to remove Koush's Bootstrap Recovery and installed the Froyo leak.

lostboykev

Reaction score
Does anybody have the original build.prop for the 2.1 DX... Its not going through because I f-ed around with it. If anyones willing to upload and share a link to that, it'd be greatly appreciated :)

davisbs999

Reaction score
Ok. Navigate to the system /bin folder. You will see three files that you need to mess with...

Thank you very much biggestmexi!!! I couldn't get the adb shell method to work (everything seemed to go well until I tried to actually install update.zip in stock recovery), but your way worked perfectly the first time. I definitely recommend that people try this method before employing rsd lite

Rugerdog

Reaction score
I have a similar issue - I un-rooted my phone with "Easy Root" then I uninstalled "Droid X Recovery Bootstrap" I deleted the Hyjack file and renamed logwrapper to logwrapper.bak and logwrapper.bin to logwrapper but it still boots into the Droid X Recovery Bootstrap menu. There is no zip file.

My Easy Root product key isn't working either but thats a separate issue altogether.

Basically what I want is to completely remove Droid X Recovery Bootstrap and be able to root and un-root with Easy Root. The Unstable Apps website is gone by the way.

Any help or support would be greatly appreciated.

davisbs999

Reaction score
I have a similar issue - I un-rooted my phone with "Easy Root" then I uninstalled "Droid X Recovery Bootstrap" I deleted the Hyjack file and renamed logwrapper to logwrapper.bak and logwrapper.bin to logwrapper but it still boots into the Droid X Recovery Bootstrap menu. There is no zip file.

My Easy Root product key isn't working either but thats a separate issue altogether.

Basically what I want is to completely remove Droid X Recovery Bootstrap and be able to root and un-root with Easy Root. The Unstable Apps website is gone by the way.

Any help or support would be greatly appreciated.

I am no pro, but your problem may have been that you unrooted your phone prior to renaming the files. I am not sure how you were able to use a text editor without root (I used root explorer which requires root access). Also, i don't see any indication that you changed the permissions on the logwrapper file. Finally, I may be misunderstanding your post and restating the obvious, but I am not sure that you downloaded and/or transfered the zip file from to your SD card.

Hope this helps, if you haven't straightened out your problem yet

truckrod

Reaction score
I will say this ! you do not have to remove bootstrap! I installed the update and i am rooted. but everything does have tobee stock ! the very first thing i done win i got rooted and got the bootstrap to work i did a back up rite away! then i did a wipe n cache wipe factory reset and then flashed the update. worked awesome ... and after all that i will give everyone that wants to listen good advise !( DO NOT THEME OR FRAMEWORK AT ALL) after the update this is 2.2 and it will not work! it will bootloop your phone and you will have to flash sbf

chops

Reaction score
yeah why are u guys removing bootstrap for there is no need to

Rugerdog

Reaction score
Thanks davisbs999. I think you're right about a couple of points there, BTW I probably have less experience phone hacking than anyone posting in this thread. I went on and rooted my Droid X again and reinstalled the Bootstrap app. At this point everything fine.

I am not installing the leaked update, I am waiting for the official update which should (hopefully) be coming along any day now. I assume the Bootstrap app will prevent me from doing any updates, please correct me if I'm wrong on this. I don't like the idea of not being able to just uninstall the Bootstrap app.

davisbs999

Reaction score
Thanks davisbs999. I think you're right about a couple of points there, BTW I probably have less experience phone hacking than anyone posting in this thread. I went on and rooted my Droid X again and reinstalled the Bootstrap app. At this point everything fine. .

No problem! everyone was new at some point (I still don't know much). Have a good one!

Chrussell1215

Reaction score
Bootstrap after install of 2.2 leak?

So, I rooted my Droid X using easy root, and have successfully updated to the leaked 2.2. I recently installed Droid X bootstrap but haven't used it yet. Since I'm already rooted and using 2.2 should I worry about using bootstrap or am I ok?

***Update*** Just ran bootstrap in 2.2 and it worked fine.

Rugerdog

Reaction score
I have a similar question - I'm just waiting for the 2.2 OTA Im rooted w/Easyroot and running Bootstrap, will I be able to do the OTA without having to uninstall either Bootstrap or Easyroot? Bootstrap is awesome, I would be screwed without it.