how do you remove Droid X recovery bootstrap?

jstuart83

Reaction score
hey guys i've been following the fourms for a while but this is my first post my question is i loaded up koushs boot strap loader and now with the excitement of the 2.2 update was wondering do i need to remove the boot strap in order to load the update, I have unrooted none of the apps were removed and i have the nextheme loaded would i need to remove that and if i do how do i? Would i need to reload the SFB file. Thanks in advance guys

OP
J

jstuart83

Reaction score
Thanks ray i was hoping someone would say that from my understanding the boot strap doesn't actually affect the original boot loader so even the verizon pushed update should work too when it come available as long as i unroot, remove, the theme and dont remove any of the orginal apps. Am i on the right track?

ray7171

Reaction score
you can still be rooted put that file on your sdcard boot into bootstrap recovery install that file from sd card...that file will make sure all your bloatware is back on there and your theme is gone...as long as those bloatware apps and the theme is gone you are good to go. Can still be rooted and you dont have to delete any of your apps.

OP
J

jstuart83

Reaction score
hey guys it seems like the boot strap will have to be removed inorder to use the update any ideas

slivvy

Reaction score
Help!!!

I'm in the same situation, need to remove bootstrapper... anybody have a link to the SBF files?? I'm searching all over the place but I can't find them... please PM me!!

OP
J

jstuart83

Reaction score
I'm in the same situation, need to remove bootstrapper... anybody have a link to the SBF files?? I'm searching all over the place but I can't find them... please PM me!!
i got an sfb file that was pm to me but i cant get them to work with RSD i keep getting an error message ill send it to you if you want but i would wait and see if someone will take pitty and explain how to do this properly and verify if these files are the correct one and how to use them

biggestmexi

Reaction score
Fabolous's theme remover doesnt do it if you already ran the bootstrapper.

akappy332

Reaction score
Read the Unbricking thread. It covers all the info you'll need for any issues with drivers/ rsd lite/ or your sbf file.

OP
J

jstuart83

Reaction score
Read the Unbricking thread. It covers all the info you'll need for any issues with drivers/ rsd lite/ or your sbf file.
ill go back and re read maybe i missed something nope the one SBF file i was able to find is unziped but i get a failure when i run it

avt123

Reaction score
So there is absolutely no other way to get rid of it besides reflashing the SBF? This sucks.

OP
J

jstuart83

Reaction score
no there is another way but its a little more difficult if you dont know what your doing

biggestmexi

Reaction score
Using root explorer

Ok. Navigate to the system /bin folder. You will see three files that you need to mess with

Hijack
(whatever date you installed it) size
Delete this file completely.

then find this.....
logwrapper
(whatever date you installed it) rwxrwxrwx -> hijack
( so remove the permission,any one,from this file or you can rename it to something else or move it somewhere else. Just so the system doesnt touch this file.)(dont go back to messing with it)

then find this file.

logwrapper.bin
19 aug blah blah rwxr-xr-x (remove the .bin from this file)(and i added the permissions to be similiar to the before mentioned logwrapper file.)

then leave out of root explorer.

reboot your phone into stock recovery and apply update.zip which you should already have on your phone's sdcard.

OP
J

jstuart83

Reaction score
guys here is a link to everything you need read the page the download for the sbf is there also read the unbricking procedure download the RDS in that post there is a patch in there as well you need to read the directions very closely and put that file where it belongs or the flash will not work i missed this step.
My Brain Hurts: Droid X Recovery

chuk1005

Reaction score
From Alldroid:

UPDATE FROM A ROOTED PHONE (running 2.1):

If you have Koush's recovery installed, follow these steps BEFORE attempting to update to 2.2:

1. UNINSTALL the Recovery APK in Settings, Applications
2. Reboot
3. Run "adb shell"
4. Run "su"
5. Run "mount -o remount,rw /dev/block/mmcblk1p21 /system"
6. Run "cp /system/bin/logwrapper.bin /system/bin/logwrapper"
7. Reboot

IF YOU SKIP OR OTHERWISE DO STEP 4 INCORRECTLY, YOU WILL NOT BE HAPPY. PAY ATTENTION TO IT AND STEP 5 TO CONFIRM.

1. Run "adb shell" (you need adb setup and working from a command prompt. If you don't have that, see the ADB support link in Part A)
2. If you don't see "#", run "su" (you will see it if you've installed and run Koush's recovery bootstrapper)
3. Run "mount -o rw,remount /dev/block/system /system"
4. Run "cp /system/bin/su /system/xbin/su"
5. Run "ls /system/xbin/su" and make sure the results are `/system/xbin/su` and NOT `/system/xbin/su: No such file or directory`. If you see the later, repeat the previous step.
6. Copy the update.zip to your sdcard (see below for mirrors as they become available. update.zip released to the wild by P3Droid at MyDroidWorld)
7. Reboot into recovery (power down then hold down home, hold down power until you see moto logo, release power (still holding home). Once you see the triangle with ! in it, release home then press search)
8. Run update.zip