1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

How do you make an update.zip?

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by ashkev843, May 20, 2010.

1. ashkev843

ashkev843 New Member

Wanted to try messing around with this..I tried searching but I didn't see anything just designated to this (however I am sure there is the search just brings up a bunch of rom threads, etc.) Is there a good tutorial that anyone knows of?
  2. thebowers

thebowers Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

Here is what I did. I took an update.zip that someone else already made. Used 7zip and opened archive. Cleaned out everything but the basic folders of system, app, fonts. Then I add the .apk files I want in the appropriate folder. This way I am not messing with the whole signing process.
  3. stratt

stratt Beta Team

Alright here's what I do. Download the lwp that I made.

Open update with wnirar. Open system folder and then app folder. Delete the LiveWallpapers.apk and drop whatever apk you wantthere. Push back twice until u see the system and meta-inf folders. Highlight both folders and right click on the mouse. Click on add to archive and name it update.zip. Done!

If u wanna change the update script (for example, mine say "installing Live Wallpaper", or whatever rom that Team DC releases) open Meta-Inf, then open Com folder, and then open google, then open android folder. open updater-script with notepad++. Change it anyway you want.

LWP update: PanthersUD9.8_update.zip
Search tags for this page
android create update.zip .apk

create update.zip android

create update.zip apk

how to create update.zip for android

make update zip for android