how do you know when its a Battery issue and not a Phone issue?

knighthonor

Reaction score

anyway to text this?

leftspin

Reaction score

anyway to text this?

I think what you're saying is, how do you know if the reason the battery doesn't last long is a problem with the battery or with the phone?

If you're rooted, you can find the battery's health somewhere in the ROM Toolbox. I'm sure there are other ways to do it as well. Try using your battery in someone else's phone, or just buying a new one off Amazon (I found one on there for $2.50) and having it as a backup. It's always good to have a backup battery anyway.

OP
knighthonor

knighthonor

Reaction score
something like that. My phone wont cut on, on demand, but stay green lit while plugged into the computer. I dont know if this is a phone issue or a battery issue. the phone auto cycles a turn on/ turn off by its self. all night been doing this.

I notice it doesnt charge sometimes when using certain chargers. the charger I got with my phone stop working all together. but my mothers LG charger works, but many times It will stop working and the phone can die while plugged in.

I been having many issues with my phone, besides the charging. the stock dialer app for example, stop working.

leftspin

Reaction score
something like that. My phone wont cut on, on demand, but stay green lit while plugged into the computer. I dont know if this is a phone issue or a battery issue. the phone auto cycles a turn on/ turn off by its self. all night been doing this.

I notice it doesnt charge sometimes when using certain chargers. the charger I got with my phone stop working all together. but my mothers LG charger works, but many times It will stop working and the phone can die while plugged in.

I been having many issues with my phone, besides the charging. the stock dialer app for example, stop working.

it sucks but it sounds like you might want to try a factory reset, just backup anything you don't want to lose first. My phone used to turn itself on/off, not charge when it didn't want to, etc. and the factory reset fixed it

OP
knighthonor

knighthonor

Reaction score
it sucks but it sounds like you might want to try a factory reset, just backup anything you don't want to lose first. My phone used to turn itself on/off, not charge when it didn't want to, etc. and the factory reset fixed it

problem is, I cant get it to cut on when I like. and it only stay on for a few secs

kevinkar

Reaction score
You know by finding another Droid X and another battery, both which you know to be good. Then you swap them. If the other phone's battery works fine in your phone and fails in the other phone, you know it's the battery. Conversely, if the other phone's battery works in the other phone but fails in your phone, you know it's your phone.

Go to a Verizon store and get them to assist you doing this swap and you'll know right away.

It's simply the scientific method.

Reaction score
How do you know the LG charger is compatible. Sounds like you may have fried your phone plugging it into a wrong voltage/amperage charger.

OP
knighthonor

knighthonor

Reaction score
How do you know the LG charger is compatible. Sounds like you may have fried your phone plugging it into a wrong voltage/amperage charger.

I was at first using my own charger that came with the phone when it was brand new out the store. that eventually stopped working. thats what forced me to use a different charger. I came back after a few months, and plugged in my phone to my old charger again, and was surprised that it started working again. But it stop working again.

I was forced to using the LG charger again, which also started giving me issues.

My old charger dont work at all now.

NicT

Reaction score
Might be dumb but are u using the same plug in the house with the chargers? Voltage might be off. Just throwing out ideas. If not I would bet on the charging port

Sent from my DROIDX

SupraRZ95

Reaction score
I've used a wide range of chargers for my X. Its the amperage he has to be worried about. Had a issues where I couldn't use motorola chargers. Sbfed now I can use em again. I tried everything short of sbfing for my phone to take a Motorola charger.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums