How do you get to clockwork manually? - boot loop -

DroidXcalibur

Reaction score
So I flashed a kernel and now I'm in a boot loop .... sorting through dozens of pages of useless info and can't find a page telling me how to get to clockwork manually .... help me please :\

codustyle

Reaction score
I mash a combo of volume up/down camera button and the home button as its powering on.... it sometimes goes to the bootloader tho.... I know there's a specific button as combo that involves those buttons, but not positive what it is. Im curious too.... I just get it by luck when I get looped...

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Big0013

Reaction score
Power and volume down at the same time. This will bring you to the bootloader the select recovery by pressing down on the volume button then once it is highlighted press the power button and your phone will then boot into clockwork recovery. This only works if you have flashed clockwork prior.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Big0013

Reaction score
I mash a combo of volume up/down camera button and the home button as its powering on.... it sometimes goes to the bootloader tho.... I know there's a specific button as combo that involves those buttons, but not positive what it is. Im curious too.... I just get it by luck when I get looped...

Wrong forum this is the thunderbolt forum not the Droid x

kptphalkon

Reaction score
I didnt know the systems were so different that general procedures for clockwork werent appreciated?

Try doing a battery pull when the phone is still on, pop the battery back in and plug the phone into a wall charger (not sure if wall/usb matters), then turn it on. This should usually be the failsafe that forces clockwork to boot.

Also, droid 2 global up in this thread. Whoops wrong forum.

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score

Thats pretty universal to get into recovery.... What Kptphalkon said works also.

Another d2g in here =P

OP
D

DroidXcalibur

Reaction score
Thanks everyone ....got it taken care of now ... you know, without this forum, I believe I would have to go back to my crappy flip phone ...hahaha

dave4100

Reaction score

Thats pretty universal to get into recovery.... What Kptphalkon said works also.

Another d2g in here =P

I can't get my phone to boot to the loader screen longer than two seconds before it starts going into wanting to update the radio. I even took out the SD card and the same thing happens. Maybe toast. I was trying to update a rom. If I could find some way to stay on the loader screen, I would be ok, but the phone automatically trys and asks if I want to update the radio. No matter if I say yes or no, I can't get to recovery. Any ideas?

OP
D

DroidXcalibur

Reaction score

Another d2g in here =P

I can't get my phone to boot to the loader screen longer than two seconds before it starts going into wanting to update the radio. I even took out the SD card and the same thing happens. Maybe toast. I was trying to update a rom. If I could find some way to stay on the loader screen, I would be ok, but the phone automatically trys and asks if I want to update the radio. No matter if I say yes or no, I can't get to recovery. Any ideas?

did you download the update radio to your sd's root folder and update it at some point? ...if so, then did you delete it off of the root folder? - if not, then delete the file 'PG05IMG.zip' from the sd's root folder
- if that's not the problem, then I got nuttin'

dave4100

Reaction score

Another d2g in here =P

did you download the update radio to your sd's root folder and update it at some point? ...if so, then did you delete it off of the root folder? - if not, then delete the file 'PG05IMG.zip' from the sd's root folder

I have to buy a micro sd to sd card adapter to be able to see the card. I will then be able to delete the file.

OP
D

DroidXcalibur

Reaction score

I have to buy a micro sd to sd card adapter to be able to see the card. I will then be able to delete the file.

you can do it from your phone using a file manager - I have Root Explorer, but that costs $ ... you can get ASTRO File Manager, or ES File Explorer, I'm sure there's others as well

dave4100

Reaction score

you can do it from your phone using a file manager - I have Root Explorer, but that costs $ ... you can get ASTRO File Manager, or ES File Explorer, I'm sure there's others as well

There in lies the rub, I can't boot up my phone or boot it to recovery. I need to clear the PG051 file off the SD card before it will let me boot into recovery. When I try booting up normally, it gets frozen at the Thunderstorm boot up screen. Thats what caused the initial problem in the first place.

OP
D

DroidXcalibur

Reaction score

There in lies the rub, I can't boot up my phone or boot it to recovery. I need to clear the PG051 file off the SD card before it will let me boot into recovery. When I try booting up normally, it gets frozen at the Thunderstorm boot up screen. Thats what caused the initial problem in the first place.

Oooooooh yeah I gotcha...definitely need that card reader then...they're cheap....that's a real bummer tho...I'm sure that once you are able to delete that file then you will be good to go

dave4100

Reaction score

Oooooooh yeah I gotcha...definitely need that card reader then...they're cheap....that's a real bummer tho...I'm sure that once you are able to delete that file then you will be good to go

Went and bought a memory card reader and deleted the offending PG051 file and BAM! I was able to launch into recovery and restore my last backup. Back in the saddle again. I think there's a song there somewhere.

gary73

Reaction score
That's great nice to have these guys

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums