How do you get the standard dock and lancher pro to play nice?

mr_manny

Reaction score
Noticed that when my bionic is in the dock, and I press the home button...I'm back to the default motorola launcher.

When I remove the phone, I continue to have the default launcher...until I press the home button, which activates lancher pro.
This is the only time the default launcher ever appears, and only when placing or removing phone from the dock.

Could this be an incorrect dock-mode option?

Did my lancher pro not get installed correctly?

thanks,
manny

Last edited:

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I don't think it's a problem with LP. I would think that the Dock settings are not what you want. You might try going to menu/settings/applications/manage applications/all/motorola dock service and clear it's defaults and perhaps clear data. Then the next time you insert the phone into the dock it should ask you to select your settings.

Good luck.

OP
M

mr_manny

Reaction score
Cleared motorola dock service.
loaded phone on dock, and tried the last option "keep your current application..."
pressed the home-button, all good.

When I repeat the selection, only this time I also click on the bottom "Remember my selection".
Default Motorola Lancher is back.

guess I don't click on the "Remember" box, unless I want the default lancher to re-appear :p

wooddale

Reaction score
I think this a bug you should be able to switch launchers but the only was is to delete launcher pro then you get back launcher.If you root you can get TIBU and freeze.