1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

How do you get Swype?

Discussion in 'Android Forum' started by IncredibleFan, Aug 30, 2010.

1. IncredibleFan

IncredibleFan New Member

I tried downloading it and set it up properly on my Incredible but it didn't work. It was the leaked beta version. Is Swype released yet? Is there any way I can get it now? I don't like qwerty keyboard and the T9 option sucks compared to the T9 I was used to on the DARE. I wish there was a T9 DARE keyboard app :( It really was that good. For now Swype looks like my only realistic hope for fast texting. Help!
  2. Abe21599

Abe21599 RS/Moderator

sorry its still in beta. just check out teh website (swypeinc.com i believe) to stay up to date with thats happening
  3. LifeIsABeach

LifeIsABeach New Member

Take a look at SlideIT in the market. Very similar to Swype. If you go to the Hacks section of the forum I think they have the Swype apk taken from the Droid X which may work for you.
  4. IncredibleFan

IncredibleFan New Member

Alright thanks for the info guys! :)

Edit: LifeIsABeach I downloaded SlideIT and it was exactly what I was looking for. Thank you!
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2010