1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

How do you get ringtones out of playlist

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by billy_the_kid, May 29, 2010.

1. billy_the_kid

billy_the_kid New Member

I am using the Malibo app for ringtones and when I download them it places them in a com file. I have a separate Media file that has music, pics, and videos. When I open my music on the phone it has not only my music but also the ringtones from Malibo.

I have tried renaming the com file to "ringtones" and have even tried moving the Malibo file to a folder labeled "ringtones" in my Media file but when I do that it does not play the ringtones.

What am I doing wrong? Thanks.
  2. shenanigans_ink

shenanigans_ink New Member

.nomedia ?
  3. takeshi

takeshi New Member

I'm not familiar with the app as I don't use an app for tones. What format are the files? If they're a supported format it seems that you should be able to move them into the ringtones (or notifications or whatever is appropriate) folder.

How do you know that the tones are in a file named com? Is it actually a folder? If so, the .nomedia approach should work. Just create a file named .nomedia and stick it in the folder.
  4. billy_the_kid

billy_the_kid New Member

Thanks....I got it working correctly. And yes there was a file called "com" that must have been created when I installed the Malibo app. I just moved the ringtones themselves and not the entire Malibo file over to my ringtone folder and its working great.
Search tags for this page
android ring tone from playlist
droid moving songs from play music to ringtone
how do i get ringtones from my playlist to my ringtone on my
how do you get a ringtone from my playlist music
how do you get a ringtone from your playlist
how do you get a ringtone out of play list to contact
how do you get my playlist music set as a ringtones on motor
how to move a ringtone from playlist to ringtone on droid ra
how to move a ringtone into your playlist
how to move a song from playist to ringtones
how to move a song from playlist to a ringtone