How do you get ringtones out of playlist

billy_the_kid

Reaction score
I am using the Malibo app for ringtones and when I download them it places them in a com file. I have a separate Media file that has music, pics, and videos. When I open my music on the phone it has not only my music but also the ringtones from Malibo.

I have tried renaming the com file to "ringtones" and have even tried moving the Malibo file to a folder labeled "ringtones" in my Media file but when I do that it does not play the ringtones.

What am I doing wrong? Thanks.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm not familiar with the app as I don't use an app for tones. What format are the files? If they're a supported format it seems that you should be able to move them into the ringtones (or notifications or whatever is appropriate) folder.

How do you know that the tones are in a file named com? Is it actually a folder? If so, the .nomedia approach should work. Just create a file named .nomedia and stick it in the folder.

OP
B

billy_the_kid

Reaction score
Thanks....I got it working correctly. And yes there was a file called "com" that must have been created when I installed the Malibo app. I just moved the ringtones themselves and not the entire Malibo file over to my ringtone folder and its working great.