How do you edit a birthday to a contact?

dutch724

Reaction score
Just as the title says. I have a spot in my contact's info for a birthday but I can't edit it. The box is gone when you go into the edit screen.

amg3467

Reaction score
you have to go to your gmail contacts, edit it there and then sync it with your phone

OP
D

dutch724

Reaction score
I did that and it added another birthday line under the first birthday line

wmdrummond

Reaction score
Hey Dutch, I ran into the same issues when I moved my contact list from my Blackberry Tour to my new X2 via Verizon's Backup Assistant. Much to my dismay, since the X2 did not even have a Birthday field, the date was put into one of the notes with Birthday: and then a string of numbers that had no resemblance to a date. I began to download apps to see if I could fix the problem. One app helped some, but only about 10 out of 350 + birthdays. I tried another app and ended up with TWO new birthday fields with the same string of numbers. Finally, I found an app called "contact editor" that gave me access to the fields. It also gave me the option of adding a "birthday" field to the contact list. Unfortuantely, it did not resolve the seeming random number string, so I spent hours inputting all of the birthdays again. When you do this, you may want to use the format of YYYY-MM-DD. Make sure you use two digits in the MM and DD field, so you will have to put a zero in front of single digit months and days. After many hours everything seems to be fine now. Good luck!!