Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Case

• Screen protector and case

• Total voters

Nubbie

Reaction score
I threw a black case on it. it has nice grip and is semi rigid. And screen cover. doesnt even seem like it has a case. I'm not going to risk it. dont want to have to buy a new one for 700 bucks. I walked on eggshells with my D1 but that thing was solid metal. this thing is far from a metal frame.

Panther1911

Reaction score
Same here but I'm waiting for the Otterbox Commuter case to come out.

they are available on the otterbox site, i ordered one and it was shipped the next day. i am still waiting for it to get here though

Nubbie

Reaction score
I've got the charcoal silicone Verizon cover but I only use it when I'm not home. No screen protector, don't see a point to them.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Screen protectors are used to protect the screen. :happy3:

Jamar

Reaction score
Screen protectors are used to protect the screen. :happy3:
From what, exactly? Screen shield or not, a case has more influence on whether your phone will be saved after dropping it. Aside from the protectors that deter fingerprints, your screen should already be scratch resistant.

I bought a pack of anti-glare screen shields with my accessories package and all it did was hinder the quality of the screen.

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
From what, exactly? Screen shield or not, a case has more influence on whether your phone will be saved after dropping it. Aside from the protectors that deter fingerprints, your screen should already be scratch resistant.

I bought a pack of anti-glare screen shields with my accessories package and all it did was hinder the quality of the screen.

Drop your phone face down onto some gravel without a screen protector and come back here and tell me there's no reason for one.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Universal

Reaction score
Anybody know of a good 2-piece case that will fit the GN with the extended battery installed? I have one where the silicone portion still fits but not the plastic shell.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Anybody know of a good 2-piece case that will fit the GN with the extended battery installed? I have one where the silicone portion still fits but not the plastic shell.

The otterbox defender fits perfect...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
The otterbox defender fits perfect...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

That's good to know. I am hoping the commuter will do the same.

alboboy10

Reaction score
I want something that looks nice on it.
My friend has this iPhone case it'd beautiful. More of a skin but still.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Naked ftw. Cases and Screen Protectors ruin the phone.

I just can't do it, screen protector and case on every device for me. I am too afraid that a drop while naked would ruin the phone :eek:

alienware777

Reaction score
I just can't do it, screen protector and case on every device for me. I am too afraid that a drop while naked would ruin the phone :eek:

When I bought my D1 two years ago I thought the same way. After a year though I just go so sick of how thick it was I removed both the case and screen protector. Its been a year since then, and theres barely any scratches. And I'm a pretty abusive person to my phone lol. I'm just hoping the GN can within the same beating my D1 could.