How do you delete pictures

Samgil

Reaction score
Delete pics

You press and hold on the picture you want in the gallery, then in the right top corner there is a menu button. Thats where you can delete and what not.

Not on my galaxys3 there does not seem to be anyplace to delete photos from gallery. Talked to Verizon today they tried to help. But did not work I even did a reset but nope. :icon_ devil:

mcq

Reaction score
Not on my galaxys3 there does not seem to be anyplace to delete photos from gallery. Talked to Verizon today they tried to help. But did not work I even did a reset but nope. :icon_ devil:

Same problem here. I've gotten rid of the Picasa logos, but there is still no menu option for deletion. The only options are Crop, Set picture as, and Details. It doesn't matter how I approach the picture(s), there are no other options.

mcq

Reaction score
There is no SD Card. Tried a couple of downloaded file managers, there are no picture files listed anywhere, but there are hundreds of them that transferred over from my old phone.

sasscuba

Reaction score
You have to delete the pictures off the Google website for picassa then they do will delete off your phone.

mike2327

Reaction score
deleting pictures period

Lmao u guys kill me... Anyone have a idea on how to make a album private or anything like that???
I am having a heck of a time deleting any kind of pictures on my phone am ready to through it off a cliff. Have tried everything people
have said . There must be another way. Never had this kind of problem on my Iphone . Love my galaxy but its my only hang up.

portermac

Reaction score
Go in gallery, hold down on pic you want to delete until it's selected. From there you can just touch others and they will select also. Then go to top right corner,select the menu(3 lines). You will see delete

mcq

Reaction score
Go in gallery, hold down on pic you want to delete until it's selected. From there you can just touch others and they will select also. Then go to top right corner,select the menu(3 lines). You will see delete

The menu that pops up does NOT include "Delete." That is the problem.
Most of the albums that show up have a Picasa logo in the corner as do the pictures.
I have taken some pictures with the camera and transferred a couple of pictures via BT.
I CAN delete pictures from both of those albums.

I've un-synced with Picasa, which somebody else suggested. That hasn't helped.
The suggestion to delete the pictures from Picasa on my Mac seems extreme - I don't want to lose all this photos, just not carry them around on my phone!

rlyle531

Reaction score
I had the same problem. Solved it by going into my Google account and deleted the photo there. Problem solved.

Samgil

Reaction score
Delete photos

Nope does not work I have tried everything to delete photos talked to Verizon tech finally reset phone nope pics still in gallery any ideas

chubby22

Reaction score
Had some issue. Made sure I unchecked Google photos, and picasa albumn. Then went into manage apps, all, cleared data on gallery.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Droid Forums

Mike.757

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you are still having issues, read this post ALL the way through. By the end of it if you are still having issues, I recommend an iPhone.

Background: When you open up your photo gallery, it looks for any available pictures. Phone, ext sd card, networked computers, etc. The folder that says instant upload is part of Google+, not your phone. That is why you cannot delete them from your phone. It is set up as an automatic backup feature for pictures and video.

Here is how you turn off the sync feature if you do not want it to sync your photos.

Go to settings> accounts and sync. At the top of the page, there is an on/off toggle. Turn it on. Select your Google account. Now you should see everything with check marks beside them. Uncheck what you do not want to sync with Google+. To prevent the auto upload, uncheck "sybc instant upload"then turn the sync toggle back off. You can turn the feature back on in the same manner.

Deleting pictures in the instant upload folder.

You cannot do that from the gallery. You have to open up Google+, an app on your phone. You can also go to Google+ on your computer. In the upper left hand corner you will see a red G+. Touch that. A menu will open up, select my photos. In there, you will see another folder that says instant upload. Select that. All of the pesky photos that you want to get rid of are there, waiting to be deleted. You can do it one at a time by long pressing the photo and bringing up the menu or you can press the options button (lower left corner) then select "select items." Now you can select all the photos you want to delete, then press the option button in the upper right corner. It looks like three vertical dots. Then select delete. That is it. Photos are gone.

Any questions, come on back here or send me a pm.

Last edited:

Lizard0413

Reaction score
Easy fix.
Since the files aren't on you SD card, unmount and remove your card.
Go to Settings > Application Manager > All > Gallery then Clear Data.

Put your SD card back in and go to your gallery, the only files left should be what was saved on your SD card.

Hope this helps, I was having issues with it and this worked for me!