1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

How do you connect the droid X to the computer?

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by sasha101, Jul 15, 2010.

1. sasha101

sasha101 New Member

How do you connect the droid X to the computer? I put the usb in and its not connecting. The droid x doesnt say anything
  2. ccartertn

ccartertn New Member

Put it in PC mode first and it will let you run setup on the PC from the drive and install drivers.
    Then drag your notification bar down and change it to USB Mass Storage if you want to copy files to and from the phone.

This is how it worked with me tonight - I am using Vista.

CC
  3. cL^_-

cL^_- New Member

Windows 7 recognized it without anything special for me. I had it in Windows Media whatchamacall it mode. Did just fine. I am still having trouble with Media Player in XP. Had to download the Moto software.
  4. 07aspenx

07aspenx New Member

Mine was the same. I'm using Win7 and all I had to do was connect the usb to my laptop and connected as a usb mass storage.
  5. lastlion

lastlion New Member

Ok so I am new, long time blackberry user, trying to connect to computer. It say need to insert disk. NO disk than it says, look for solution , looked for solution no solution... Now I am a new member here, yeaaa I HOPE... LOL..

Whatever happened to the good old days when talking texting and email was enough?
  6. Phillipsave

Phillipsave Member

With Windows XP, I had to go to the Motorola web page and download their latest drivers. Very easy to find and do, took five minutes.
  7. cL^_-

cL^_- New Member

if you have WinXP, you have to download the drivers. They might be included in the packaging materials that came with the droid x. Windows 7 just recognized it. I think I had to have the droid x in usb mode. Cannot remember quite anymore.
Search tags for this page

connect droid x to computer

connect droid x to pc

connect droid x2 to pc
connecting a droid x to a pc
connecting droid x to computer

connecting droid x to pc

connecting droid x2 to computer
connecting verizon droid x to pc

droid x connect to computer

droid x connect to pc

how do i connect my droid x to my computer