How do you clear the "Market" search history?

mike62

Reaction score
There is nothing on there of concern other than the long list bothers me. I like clean lists! Is there a way to clear this search history?

I found the way as far as my IE browser in settings but it does nothing for Market Place search history.

Thanks.

xliderider

Reaction score
This is a question that gets asked pretty much on a daily basis. AFAIK, there is no way to clear the search history. I'm not even sure if a data/cache wipe clears the history, or if the history is stored on the "cloud".

Reaction score
There is nothing on there of concern other than the long list bothers me. I like clean lists! Is there a way to clear this search history?

I found the way as far as my IE browser in settings but it does nothing for Market Place search history.

Thanks.

You can't, not yet at least.

lmapp

Reaction score
You can file this away under drastic measures, but factory data reset will do it. I had to do one a couple of weeks ago and I noticed that it cleared mine.

Silverwing

Reaction score
Yeah, as everyone said: There are no conventional ways of doing it. Rooting and clearing cache, going into SPRecovery and clearing cache, or factory reset are the only ways that I know.

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Thanks.

Annoying as it is, all of the above answers are correct. I know, it bugs me, too; especially when I misspell something! :D

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score

Thanks.

Annoying as it is, all of the above answers are correct. I know, it bugs me, too; especially when I misspell something! :D

Well, as my physician says, "If it hurts when you do that, don't do that." :)

pyro6128

Reaction score
it can be done if you have root access. Use cachemate from the market

This right here is where its at. Its really not as hard and mystical as everyone thinks. If you don't want to root thats one thing, but if you are rooted, just get cachemate. You literally press a single button and thats it, you're done. Can even put a widget on your home screen.

blackdroidberry

Reaction score
It can be done.

Hey guys. I did find an easy to clear the market history with rooting or anything else that some people may not be comfortable with. Goto settings, applications, manage apps, running, chose market, and the clear cache and clear data. That will clear the search within the market app. Droid X running froyo.

Jax2Chl

Reaction score
For my Droid 2 I found "History Eraser" by Dumapic in the Android market and it will erase the Market history.

After installing the app, open it and choose the button for "Google apps (Beta)". You then get the option to clear the market search histories by selecting the radio button and then choosing "OK". You'll then get a confirmation message.

It works Great!

Marky Mark

Reaction score
Hey guys. I did find an easy to clear the market history with rooting or anything else that some people may not be comfortable with. Goto settings, applications, manage apps, running, chose market, and the clear cache and clear data. That will clear the search within the market app. Droid X running froyo.

^^Awesome!!

Jamieleigh514

Reaction score
Droid Eris! I cleared it!

I really wanted to clear the market search history without having to reset my phone and I found a really easy way!!! Go to settings, applications, manage applications, Market, then Uninstall updates. It cleared my market searches and I don't have any problems with the phone or using the market! :) So easy!