How Do You Check Your Texts?

Whitechapel

Reaction score
How do you check your texts? For example, I use Chomp on a rooted Galaxy Nexus, and I've found sometimes the quick reply doesn't pop up. Ideally it'd pop up over my lock screen (pattern), but it does not. I check my phone too often. Also I find Light Flow doesn't always work, sometimes the LED doesn't go off. It's random. At any rate, I'm trying to alleviate the problems all together, sort of re-train myself to make more efficiency with my phone. So how do you do it? If other, please explain.

eagle923

Reaction score
I don't get enough to matter. Most of the time its 20-30 minutes or more before I notice or respond to a message. :)

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
Stock MMS app on ICSourcery rom, hearing the sound and unlocking by opening pull down and clicking the text notification to launch the message screen.. no need to slide to unlock or anything.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Handcent pop up message. However when my screen is off Lightflow tells me if I got a text or not.

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
Stock MMS app on ICSourcery rom, hearing the sound and unlocking by opening pull down and clicking the text notification to launch the message screen.. no need to slide to unlock or anything.

I use the same method. If I get in a texting spree with someone, I often just unlock the device which puts me directly into the open MMS app.

???

Reaction score
hand cent and the stock notification light works fine for me, I've never had to use light flow. i think it does help if you go into setting and un check pulse light. It never blinked for me anyways and seems to work better once I unchecked it for kik, which I use 1000 times more than texts anyways

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

nubby

Reaction score
I use Lightflow and added the vibrate if I don't acknowledge it. You can have it stop the repeating UN-acknowledged vibrate after a set period of time, (5min, 10min etc.)

(Stock, not rooted)

pool_shark

Reaction score
I use go sms. When I hear the notification, I check it. If I don't hear it the led is blinking, so I check it when I see it.

trestevenson

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
I used SMS Popup for a while, but development on that seemed to stall so I switched to SMS Enhancer. On all new texts I get an on-screen notification box with options to close the window, go to the inbox, or reply to the message. The background of the pop-up is customizable, and you can scroll between messages that may have accumulated. The LED color and blink rate is configurable, and the dev is also really responsive to suggestions, so I've stuck with it since stumbling across it a couple of months ago.

ntrddragn

Reaction score
Hand cent with stock notification

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums