How do you change launchers?

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by CJC, Jul 21, 2010.

1. CJC

CJC New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey guys. I'm a little new to rooting and ROMs, but I've got a good understanding of it all. They say the TC theme Dark Edge (which looks sick btw) will run on BB 1.1, which is what I have flashed on right now. Problem is it doesn't work with Launcher2 (which is what I have). When I flash BB1.1 on my phone it doesn't give me the option to choose a launcher, or even chooce the kernal. I think it did like the very first time I flashed it on my phone, but never again since then. I've tried both SPRecovery and Clockwork, neither let's me configure or choose. I see people say what launcher they're using (Helix, etc.) and was wondering if there's a way to DL a new launcher and flash it on or a way to get to that configuration when you're flashing?

#1 CJC, Jul 21, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2010
  2. Tallica

Tallica Premium Member
    Rescue Squad Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Download and install launcher of choice, press home it should give you a choice

If you have more then one installed now from homescreen go:

menu>settings>applications>manage applications>all>tap on the launcher you are using and clear defaults

3. CJC

CJC New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks a lot, I was making the mistake of thinking the launcher was something you had to flash on the phone, didn't realize it was that easy! Dark Edge is running on Helix as I type, I appreciate the help!

4. forkup

forkup Member

Ratings:
    +0
    There's also a market app named home switcher that allows easy switching if you have more than one launcher installed.

5. CJC

CJC New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'll definitely look into that, hopefully I won't run into anymore launcher problems with Helix, but couldn't hurt to have!

Search tags for this page
change droidbox launcher
change launcher cm12
droidbox launcher
droidbox launchers
droidbox t8 change launcher

how to change launcher on droid x

how to change launcher on droidbox
how to change launchers cm12
modify moto x launcher
should i replace the launcher on my droid 4