How do you block unknown and restricted callers in z2 force

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
Seems today's a bad telemarketer day. Getting tons of calls from restricted and unknown. Any way to block or send to voicemail. I can find a way to block anonymous callls

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Just don't answer. People you know will leave a voicemail. Spammers won't.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
Just don't answer. People you know will leave a voicemail. Spammers won't.

But I want them sent to voicemail so my phone doesn't ring off the hook w spammers

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Use the Moto app, enable flip for Do Not Disturb and turn the phone face down on days like this. You won't be disturbed and real callers will leave a voicemail. There is no "magic app" to block all calls for you.

Last edited:
OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
In apple iOS that just came out w block anoymous calls I wonder if it will be in Android 10 or 11

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Moto App......
b08a3255d9c13a3dbccf68f4849d7b41.jpg

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
I just want anonymous to go to voicemail like apple phones now have option for. Android has gotta start keeping up

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I just want anonymous to go to voicemail like apple phones now have option for. Android has gotta start keeping up

Sounds like it's time to get an iPhone 11. There is no reason to keep up. Each OS can do things the other cannot do. If I'm not busy....I just don't answer calls from unknown numbers. If I'm busy....flip enables DND. Simple.

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
I don't like having the phone ring for spammers and anonymous like it to ring from people I know ur solution does not work for me neither does spoke since I also want Moto mods battery

I need an Android 10 iOS 13 Moto mod hyper converged water resistant shatterproof cell phone. I'm not asking for too much am I lol

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Simple solution...get an inexpensive Android Wear watch. Flip the phone for DND. You won't hear any ring sounds from the phone. The watch will vibrate to let you know a call is inbound. In a quick glance you can decide what action to take. If you know the name - answer. If not - let it go to voicemail. Simple.

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
Interesting ideas but that's bandaid approach I'm more hoping Android and Moto will see my posts and add the features I want

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Interesting ideas but that's bandaid approach I'm more hoping Android and Moto will see my posts and add the features I want

My "bandaid" approach has worked good for me since January 2015. I haven't been bother by spam callers in four + years, since I bought my first smart watch. And....no one from Google and no one from Moto reads these posts. It's just us forum members here.

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
If you Google for question this forum does pop up in results so I think more then forum members read these posts

I don't want even my watch to have a message if an anonymous caller or spammer calls

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
I've looked into them but I would prefer a native feature in Android that does it like apple has built in.

I already have the Verizon service that alerts you to potential spammy numbers but it doesn't send them to voiy or auto block you have to choose based in what it says if u want to answer. I want automatic voicemal for anoymous and unknown. The only problem is that medical and government services sometimes use anyonomous so you might miss those calls. Caller ID has a long way to go to improve and be reliable as it is to easily abused or unreliable