How do you block unknown and restricted callers in z2 force

Discussion in 'Moto Z2 Force' started by SMYDSMITH, Oct 4, 2019.

1. SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH Active Member

Ratings:
    +144
    Current Phone Model:
    Motorola Turbo 2
    If you Google for question this forum does pop up in results so I think more then forum members read these posts

I don't want even my watch to have a message if an anonymous caller or spammer calls

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

2. Sajo

Sajo Diamond Member

Ratings:
    +12,420
    Current Phone Model:
    Moto Z4
  3. SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH Active Member

Ratings:
    +144
    Current Phone Model:
    Motorola Turbo 2
    I've looked into them but I would prefer a native feature in Android that does it like apple has built in.

I already have the Verizon service that alerts you to potential spammy numbers but it doesn't send them to voiy or auto block you have to choose based in what it says if u want to answer. I want automatic voicemal for anoymous and unknown. The only problem is that medical and government services sometimes use anyonomous so you might miss those calls. Caller ID has a long way to go to improve and be reliable as it is to easily abused or unreliable

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

4. cracktech

cracktech New Member

Ratings:
    +0

5. cracktech

cracktech New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    For Android just install "Truecaller" and make it your default Phone Dialer, SMS. 95% of nonsense will be filtered out based on "crowd sourced info" my phone is extra quiet except for family and other friendly number "learned" from from your previous calls.

6. cracktech

cracktech New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Use "Truecaller". It is 98% effective based on "crowd source data" in your geographical location. I never regretted it. Once the number has been identified your phone wont even alert you. It blocks in the background but do check often if you are a busy person, computerised number such as automated messages from certain sources shared a common comp. number that was also used by a nuisance caller. e.g my case #54632 was used last month by a property marketing co. ( nuisance caller) but today it was used by my on-line shop to push details of my purchases. I never regretted using it since the past 2.5years. Just make the app your default Phone and SMS function. There are no Android standard apps that functions like this,only probably manufacturers customs app but then again it doesnt have that crowd source database