How do you Backup and save games

posttal

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if you can save your free downloaded games and apps from the app store as well as items stored in your notebooks.Google seems to save only paid apps and your contacts list.I'm switching from a Dinc to a DroidX and would like to transfer all my free games and apps along with my paid ones.I have maybe 70 free apps and the time needed to re-download them would be hours..Is there a way to do it in minutes.I also downloaded a notbook app and would like to save it and everything in it.
Some of the apps do have an option to save to the SD card..but most dont.Any thoughts on this..
Thanks

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
All of your apps (free and paid) are associated with your Google account so when you change they will reinstall. Like you, I have over 70 apps. When I switch roms and wipe data and cache they all reinstall. Typically, the reinstallation takes 30 minutes or less.

Mike

OP
posttal

posttal

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply..I went to my google account but only saw the few games I paid for so naturally I was concerned.I saw them and my contacts but didn't know if there were any more backup I could not see.I did actually write down all my games and apps to make it a little easier since some of them I just ran across and have no idea what category they were under.hopefully everything will transfer.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Open the market, tap menu, tap downloads. All of your apps will display.

Mike

OP
posttal

posttal

Reaction score
I gotta be doing something wrong..I go to my google home page and didn't see anything of relivence so I did a google search for google market.That took me to a site called Google apps market..and I dont see a menu.I have to assume I'm on the wrong site ??
It is off your google home page correct?
What I'v been doing is going into My account settings and then under my products theres a checkout link which has the games I'v paid for.
Where am i suppose to be looking?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
No, it this the market app on your phone. Open that app, tap menu, tap downloads

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I gotta be doing something wrong..I go to my google home page and didn't see anything of relivence so I did a google search for google market.That took me to a site called Google apps market..and I dont see a menu.I have to assume I'm on the wrong site ??
It is off your google home page correct?
What I'v been doing is going into My account settings and then under my products theres a checkout link which has the games I'v paid for.
Where am i suppose to be looking?

Go to the Market icon, tap that, then the menu key, then downloads. Your downloads will be there.

Now as to whether or not your games are saved like you left them, I wouldn't bet on it.

OP
posttal

posttal

Reaction score
I thought maybe thats what you meant..and I tried that first but all that shows up on the downdoads in the market on the actual phone are the apps i paid for along with google maps,kindle for android and Gmail..those all were installed on the phone when i got it.Let me ad this..I just got this DX but still have my Dinc activated untill I get another SD card tomorrow and swap a few things.So for now the new DX is using wi fi to connect...which it does with no problem.I'v been using it this way to compair the 2 phones to see which one i like and which one I'm sending back.Do you thing that might be making a difference?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you open the market app on the incredible and tap menu, downloads what is displayed?

OP
posttal

posttal

Reaction score
everything...all the apps paid and free.I just need to get that list to show up on the other phone somehow.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I believe that when you close out the Incredible and activate the X you will be OK

AL1EN DR01D

Reaction score
There's actually apps out there that will allow you to backup all your Downloaded apps, including Free/Paid games to your microSD card as .apk files and will allow you to reinstall them in a matter of minutes (only downside is that the possibility that your "saved game information" like the levels you have beaten, etc. will not be transfered over and you will have to do them all over again). One of the Apps I use is MyBackup, (free version with 30 day trial period, Pro version for $4.99) Which will allow you to back up everything from your SMS/MMS messages, Apps, Contacts, Call Logs, User Settings, Calendar, All the way to your Alarm Settings. All you would have to do (if anything) is go to the Android Marketplace with your Droid X & download the MyBackup App after installing the free version on your Droid Incredible, then just simply swap the microSD from one phone to the other, and Recover the apps from the card!

Hope this helps :)

Last edited: