How do you back up paid apps like mlb at bat?

nikolaus

Reaction score
Worried about ota update to 2.1 wiping out my mlb at bat 2010. Id hate to have to buy it again. Astro file manager says its private and wont back it up. Any ideas?

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I don't know what those are, but if you downloaded anything from the market it is all stored in the 'cloud' so you don't have to pay again. However if you are speaking of data you might have an issue... (i dono about non-rooted phones, but rooters can backup data)

Vitticeps

Reaction score
If you purchased it through the market you'll never have to buy it again. Google knows what you purchased and will let you reinstall as many times as you like as long as you are using the same primary Gmail account.

If you downloaded it from a website and installed manually then you'll be on your own to get it again.

Astro backed up my purchased apps without a problem so it sounds like something else may be up. Try using appbrain, it has improved 10 fold recently.

OP
N

nikolaus

Reaction score
ok, as long as I can download it again I dont care. So if I wanted too I could root or do whatever, and be able to download paid apps again.

Vitticeps

Reaction score
Yes, when you go back to the market and to your downloads page or to the app itself in the market it will say "purchased" and you can just hit "install".

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You can back up paid apps, do a google search. Most people want to do it for less than respectable purposes, but there are tutorials out there, and I dont believe you need to be rooted to do it. But as icculusX pointed out, your purchases are "in the could" and you will always have them.

Edit: The only issue you will have is if you have multiple gmail accounts on your phone. Your paid apps follow the PRIMARY gmail account.
ie: you have 2 gmail accounts, #1 and #2. #1 id the first email account you activated your phone with. If you wipe your phone to factory default, you will be prompted to activate with an email acount. If you use email #2, you will not have your paid apps. I just went through that with my rooted driod.

Last edited: