How do you "back out of an app"?

Discussion in 'Samsung Droid Charge' started by sparks3229, Jun 30, 2011.

1. sparks3229

sparks3229 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have read in a thread here to back out of an app...how do I do that? I am new to smartphones and android.

Also, to save battery life, I think I read to turn off data. I have already turned off 4G. If I turn data back on when checking FB, etc, does it give me the most updated posts? Where would I turn off "syncing".

Any hints would be greatly appreciated. I just learned the one about tapping the top data bar for brightness. I feel like these are all secret things...only passed on by WOM! Like being at In N Out!

2. brad92

brad92 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +17
    I am not sure if I understand what you mean by backing out of an app, unless you mean exiting it? If so just hit the back button.

sent from my ApeX

3. sparks3229

sparks3229 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well, I do that now. But i had just read " to be sure to back out of an app". It puzzled me. On the computer I am used to closing each window clicking on the "X", but are we supposed to close an app?

4. Moreno

Moreno Member

Ratings:
    +0
    If you go to the task manager, you can make sure that application is closed by clicking exit. The recommendation is if your not using Wi-Fi, or Bluetooth of some sort. Disable them both, also disable GPS if you aren't using it. Only enable it if your going to use it.

Another recommendation is to disable the 4G if your not in a 4G area or do not plan on using it. Force it to use 3G.

5. comk4ver

comk4ver Member

Ratings:
    +14
    Also here's a tip hard press an open area on your screen and click on widgets then choose power settings it'll bring up a bar with that you can turn off wifi, bluetooth, gps,and sound if necessary. To turn off sync you can go to main menu>settings>accounts & sync>then turn off sync. Also if you have twitter or facebook turn off automatic sync you can change it to 3 hours/ longer or change it to sync when you access the app and then click refresh! In addition you can download another app called toggle hud and with this app you can change what options you want to turn for example add sync to your original toolbar and turn it off that way, add flashlight options (if you have that app) etc etc try it.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

#5 comk4ver, Jun 30, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2011
  6. sparks3229

sparks3229 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Oh wow...thank you Comk and Moreno! That all will def help, and I will look into those apps.

OK...let me ask another one...not that I post from my phone (yet)...but I see that people who post from their phone have a little sentence thats says "from my iPhone, or blackberry" or whatever. Does that just automatically show up if you use your phone to post?

7. comk4ver

comk4ver Member

Ratings:
    +14
    No it's called a signature and if you go to user cp there should be an option to change it... you can also change it from the droid forum app as well... thanks Moreno for your tip... I'll start using that one too!

#7 comk4ver, Jun 30, 2011
  8. bplewis24

bplewis24 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    There are a few different ways to exit an application and return to the home screen. What you heard was probably somebody suggesting you use the "back" button to exit out of the application.

The reason some people prefer this is because when you continually press the "back" button to get out of an app, it will close the app down and often expunge it from memory.

If you press the "home" button to exit out of an app (or launch another app from within that app), then it will save the state of the app that it currently sits in, which may use up more memory.

If an app is frozen or not responding, you can also go into your Settings>Manage Apps>find the app, and "Force Close."

The "back" button is very useful once you get the hang of it. I especially love the way I can switch between apps by using the back button sometimes. Example, you receive a text message and open it up in the messaging app. The message is a link to a website, you click on the link and it opens the browser. You read the webpage and want to go back to the message. Instead of pressing the home button and then opening the messaging app again, simply press the "back" button and it will go back to the messaging app.

Another way to bring up a list of most recently used apps is to press and hold the "Home" button.

Brandon

9. sparks3229

sparks3229 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    OK...so the BACK button will become my new friend.

ComK...where is it that I can change my signature? "user cp"? I don't understand. I am using Launcher Pro, if that matters.

Didn't find toggle hud...is that its full name?

#9 sparks3229, Jun 30, 2011
  10. comk4ver

comk4ver Member

Ratings:
    +14
    Actually no not through launcher pro (I thought you were using the website) okay go to the droid forums website and log in there should be a tab called user cp. From there go to edit signature. Also when you download the droid forums app you can add a signature as well it'll prompt you if I'm not mistakened.

11. brad92

brad92 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +17
    I use the Droid Forums app, as its faster.

sent from my ApeX

12. comk4ver

comk4ver Member

Ratings:
    +14
    Here's that app I told you about toogle hud. I figured out that's it's an addon to a widget I have: weather and toggle widget simlar to htc sense clock. The main widget is paid but the add-on isn't.

#12 comk4ver, Jul 1, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2011
Search tags for this page

how do i back out of apps

how do you back out of app pages

motorola razr m how do i close an app