How do you all like the Jawbone? Android Support App Now Being Developed

Reaction score
The Jawbone Icons are nice devices, but the one thing they need is support for battery meter. I need help from you guys to develop the widget like they do on iPhones, using the iPhone.Jawbone source. Help is GREAT

-MikeR-

Reaction score
How well is your Jawbone working with your X?

Ive been searching for BT the last few days. I decided to go with Jabra Extreme and see how they do. Ive had a Jawbone before and i wasn't totally impressed, i could hear good but people almost always said i sounded like crap.

We will see how it goes, i got two Extremes (one for my wife) for the same price as one JB Icon, so its worth a shot. I havent had much good luck with BTs.

OH and to stay on topic a battery indicator would be sweet. dancedroid

soba1

Reaction score
My Jawbone Icon is working just fine with my X

Cunorix

Reaction score
I've been using The Hero Jawbone, and my Droid X for about a week now. I've been trying to make sure to test out all the features that this sweet Blue Tooth is capable of.

1) A2DP, once installed via the MyTalk App store, is crystal clear. Works great. I'm able to sit my phone down and walk away for about 30ft and it still streams without a drop in signal. Pretty cool.

2) The 7 different voice packet choices is also definitely a plus, who likes the typical lame woman talking to you? I chose The Rogue, who seems to have impressed most of my friends.

3) The Voice to Text when using the phone on the go is amazing, and with Noise Assassin built into the Jawbone, it makes distinguishing my voice easier for the Jawbone when I mumble (which I do frequently :( ). Also, I tested the distance, and I was able to search for things with my phone 10-20 feet away through my Jawbone, and it accurately got what I wanted.

4) Hardware wise the Jawbone comes with 3 different rubber options to just "pop" it into your ear without an back-ear strap, or it comes with 3 different sizes for an back-ear strap. So wear wise, they give you a multitude of different options for all the users out there. When it comes to staying in my ear, I've run with it, walked around all day with it, etc, and it never comes off. Quality hardware.

One thing I've noticed though, is when I plug my phone into my Car Dock, the phone doesn't utilize the Blue Tooth for Voice to Text, but the rather the phone's microphones. That can be a serious hassle for those on the go, and owner's of a Car Dock.

I believe though that it's a simple software programming error, and should be fixed once more people using the Jawbone with Droids.

P.S. Also, if you are willing to fork out an extra monthly fee of about 3-4 dollars, the Jawbone offers 3 different Voice - To - Text services that allow you to Twitter, update Facebook, Update your Google Calenders, and more without ever touching your phone.

Go DROID dancedroid

mrpete311

Reaction score
Any updates on a Jawbone battery widget for the Droid? Surely iPhone can't be the only phone (ok, and Blackberry) ?