How do you add an apostrophe (') in text??

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
:hail: Sydman, You're AWESOME!!! It worked!! I also figured out that by holding down certain letters, it comes up with choices (for symbols). I really like that you can add words to the Dictionary.

THANK YOU! Problem Solved! :icon_ lala:

Glad you got it working, yeah the holding the letters down is nice. If you do it briefly it will add the secondary character and if you hold it longer it will bring up a little box with even more symbols.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Type the name in letter by letter by just touching them instead of Swyping, then this will appear....

View attachment 50184View attachment 50185

Press the word Jaxon's on the far left and it will ask you to add it to the dictionary. The one you probably went to was the phone one, there is a separate dictionary within Swype that it uses. Then on you should be good to go, additionally if you don't want to do these steps you can go into your Swype settings and add it through the dictionary there.

Type Jaxon's, and you'll see it appear as a word on the left just above the keyboard, but before you hit the space, tap it where it appears above the keyboard. It will then ask you if you want to add it to your dictionary and if you tap the question, it is added. This is how you add words or select a word other than the preferred selection.

The preferred selection appears highlighted while typing, but you can choose any other other word on the bar and it scrolls to show more choices before you hit space or type the next word, or later off you go back and tap a word in your text that you wish to correct.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2 using Google voice to text translation. Please excuse any minor spelling, punctuation, capitalization or grammatical errors.

:hail: Sydman, You're AWESOME!!! It worked!! I also figured out that by holding down certain letters, it comes up with choices (for symbols). I really like that you can add words to the Dictionary.

THANK YOU! Problem Solved! :icon_ lala:

Glad you got it working, yeah the holding the letters down is nice. If you do it briefly it will add the secondary character and if you hold it longer it will bring up a little box with even more symbols.

You beat me by 6 minutes!! I was typing in the response when you sent yours. I didn't see it till afterwards. All that matters is you made it to the line first. Well done!

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
You beat me by 6 minutes!! I was typing in the response when you sent yours. I didn't see it till afterwards. All that matters is you made it to the line first. Well done!

Thank you kindly sir, always happy to help around here whenever I can.