How do we remove the Bloatware?

Datzneat

Reaction score
There is no uninstall option. Am I going to have to wait for rooting to uninstall all this crap?

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Unfortunately, yes...we all are. I hear its supposed to be released today though :woot:

There is no uninstall option. Am I going to have to wait for rooting to uninstall all this crap?

Sent down via a Bolt of lightening!!

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Unfortunately, yes...we all are. I hear its supposed to be released today though :woot:

Sent down via a Bolt of lightening!!
They said stay tuned for weekend updates so I'm guessing Monday.

P.s. Lightning is what you want not lightening in your signature.

Kack

Reaction score

bluetiger20

Reaction score
ok. root achieved. how do we remove bloatware again? I knew once upon a time.... something about changing the .apk extension to something else.... or something?

drew

Reaction score
Titanium Backup will allow you to remove completely (Uninstall). Not favored, but does work.

Or Root Explorer will let you change the extension of the crapware from .APK to .OLD or whatever.

alienware777

Reaction score
Use Tibu to freeze the app, not uninstall it. Its the equivilent of making it .old, since it can't run in either but you can restore it at any time

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

wctaylor79

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I use root explorer and just highlight and delete.. or as others said titanium backup.. once rooted.. rooted today and my app draw looked empty after getting rid of the bloat..

If I ever need the crap to return the phone then I will just flash the RUU like I did when I rooted and return phone to stock..

Doostur

Reaction score
I'm rooted. Titanium backup. I suggest freezing first, then reboot, and if all is well, uninstall.