How Do We Deal With A Frozen Phone?

RicKaysen

Reaction score
It hasn't happened yet, but all my previous Android phones have frozen at least once. It was always standard practice to pull the battery. What do we do with the Maxx should it happen?

DocsDad

Reaction score
It hasn't happened yet, but all my previous Android phones have frozen at least once. It was always standard practice to pull the battery. What do we do with the Maxx should it happen?

At the same time hold volume down and power button for 10 seconds. Reboots like a battery pull. :)

OP
R

RicKaysen

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply and simple solution.:biggrin:

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
I had one lockup since I got my Maxx on the day and it reset perfectly.
No bother no muss. Just realize 10 seconds is a long time so count. It works be patient.
This phone has been the most stable phone I've ever had. With mass of apps I have and like to use to
my impatient stabbing of the back button I'm amazed this phone just handles it, and with very few pauses.

Of course I just looked down and my phone wasn't taking screen input. Sigh, but yep it works just resetting now.

Reaction score
Of course I just looked down and my phone wasn't taking screen input. Sigh, but yep it works just resetting now.

i had that happen to me as well, i think there are several other threads on it. anyhow the first time, i hard reset it. the second time, i locked the phone and turned it back on, and the touchscreen worked without having to reboot. just something you may want to try if it happens again.

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
Good point, little steps before steps!

Sent my new Droid Razr Maxx

50%Kraut

Reaction score
Dialed *611 because was not near a computer, and VZ tech support told me to go back to store and exchange my Maxx,(13 days old) 50 miles later and 2 hours of my time, powerer button and low vol, it was fixed, and I was piss*d. Tech could have told me.
They don't tell you how to reboot in the phone instructions I think. I could be wrong though. Didn't think I would need to have to do it so soon.

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Actually one of those little books has it in there ...

That was a first for me to read a quick start guide...

----posted maxx'ed out----

50%Kraut

Reaction score
Thanks, I must be blind, cause I didn't c it. I know I'm deaf, cause I can't hear my wife, and dumb too, cause I marrierd her...lol

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
Dialed *611 because was not near a computer, and VZ tech support told me to go back to store and exchange my Maxx,(13 days old) 50 miles later and 2 hours of my time, powerer button and low vol, it was fixed, and I was piss*d. Tech could have told me.
They don't tell you how to reboot in the phone instructions I think. I could be wrong though. Didn't think I would need to have to do it so soon.

Yep it's there in the PDF.

Sent my new Droid Razr Maxx