How do u root ur phone and what are the benefits and risks from it?

Joka

Reaction score
Thanks, all you guys helped a lot, and I will update you guys on how it goes, my brains swollen from all this information...

662 JØ|{å 662 (LG Ally)

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Haha!! Wait until you start theming and compiling ROMs....yikes!!! :)

Thanks, all you guys helped a lot, and I will update you guys on how it goes, my brains swollen from all this information...

662 JØ|{å 662 (LG Ally)

DroidForums Junkie!!

Joka

Reaction score
Ok problem number 1! Lol I've got the ROM but I can't figure out how to flash it, I had a lot of trouble getting drivers for my phone but I'm pretty sure I got em all, and I got allyRR which is root restore and it said put the rom on my sd, and hook up the usb, then run allyrr and when I did it picked up my ally, then the phone shut off and its like nothing ever happened it turned back on and left me dumbstruck...I need help guys

662 JØ|{å 662 (LG Ally)

Joka

Reaction score
No over night answers? =( I've looked at other guides but they weren't for the ally, I think I need a step by step guide...I've got rom manager, I backed up my stock rom, but the guide mentions phone drivers and stuff, none of the other do is this a harder way I'm trying?

662 JØ|{å 662 (LG Ally)

Joka

Reaction score
Update* I figured out the method I should have been doing. I got it into recovery mode (for a first time modder that's scary to see) and I clicked to flash zip from sd, and it said zip was (bad) so I just rebooted back to normal now I'm downloading the 0.4 velocity the other was 0.3. Was it just a bad download file?

0.4 done the same. I'm out of idea's besides using rom manager to find and download the velocity rom...I really need advice guys, this thread was awefully helpfull yesterday where did the energy go

662 JØ|{å 662 (LG Ally)

Tillyswilly

Reaction score
Did it say to wipe data b4 installing the zip file?

Tappen and Talken