how do u install apps straight to ur sdcard instead of phone memory

marcogiudice

Reaction score
how do u install apps straight to ur sdcard instead of phone memory? i jeard it could be done but i cant figure it out. who can help me?​

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
apps2sd is the app IIRC.....

I believe you need to be rooted and should have a class 6 sdcard.

yamaha83

Reaction score
does it load it onto the card or just put the .apk on the card?

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Last edited:
OP
marcogiudice

marcogiudice

Reaction score
I haven't heard that it can be done. Can you provide a link to your source of information?

Edit: I did find Apps2SD - CyanogenMod Wiki
i read someone talk about on here and if u go in the market and open up mobile defense it says for rooted users to d/l to sd card so that it wont ever get uninstalled in case of lost or stolen and acts like low jack.. check out for ur self

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
I haven't heard that it can be done. Can you provide a link to your source of information?

i read someone talk about on here and if u go in the market and open up mobile defense it says for rooted users to d/l to sd card so that it wont ever get uninstalled in case of lost or stolen and acts like low jack.. check out for ur self

Actually, it says to install it as a System app.... Which I believe means install it via ADB with "adb push mobiledefense.apk /system/app"

this makes it so it cannot be removed by simply going to the app manager.

OP
marcogiudice

marcogiudice

Reaction score
aff- wow i think reading that link, it was a little to advance for me. theres not an easier way. im going to try the iirc thing out

OP
marcogiudice

marcogiudice

Reaction score

Actually, it says to install it as a System app.... Which I believe means install it via ADB with "adb push mobiledefense.apk /system/app"

this makes it so it cannot be removed by simply going to the app manager.
ok can u help me do this im not that quick when it comes to all the techinal stuff can u pm and help thro the process

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Not trying to sound rude but IMO you really shouldn't root our do any of this if you don't understand what you're doing or can't take the initiative to research. There are a lot of resources here and on other sites.

What makes you think you need to install to the SD card? Are you actually running out of phone memory?

Last edited:
OP
marcogiudice

marcogiudice

Reaction score
Not trying to sound rude but IMO you really shouldn't root our do any of this if you don't understand what you're doing or can't take the initiative to research. There are a lot of resources here and on other sites.

What makes you think you need to install to the SD card? Are you actually running out of phone memory?
thanks but ur opinion dnt mean nothing to me and i rooted my phone by myself and i did the research and obviously im having a hard time thats y theres a forum to ask for peoples help when they dont understand sometime. not everyone has ur intelligence levels. btw if u aint got any words to help me in my process of learnin IMO! stay the eff off the thread

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score

thanks but ur opinion dnt mean nothing to me and i rooted my phone by myself and i did the research and obviously im having a hard time thats y theres a forum to ask for peoples help when they dont understand sometime. not everyone has ur intelligence levels. btw if u aint got any words to help me in my process of learnin IMO! stay the eff off the thread

Here's some help. You apparently want to install an application directly to your SD card so it won't use phone memory to run. Right? OK. If that's the case there is an easy answer. It cannot be done. The android o/s does not support that functionality. Period.

You can store apps on your sd card in case you find the need to reinstall them. You cannot run an app from the SD Card. If this upsets you, get a Windows Mobile phone or an iPhone where there is no distinction between memory and storage.