How do the battery icons work?

chaoslimits

Reaction score
Can someone explain how the MIUI battery icons work? I only see 2 icons in the decompiled framework-res.apk.

Does the /drawable/battery_status.xml file control it?

Thanks

thebignoob

Reaction score
Can someone explain how the MIUI battery icons work? I only see 2 icons in the decompiled framework-res.apk.

Does the /drawable/battery_status.xml file control it?

Thanks

Magnets, now how do those work.

Where are you looking for the battery icons?

Look for editble files under "stat_sys_battery_*.png"

The wildcard, *, was included because there is about 8 files to edit.
It's in under "res/drawable-hdpi-v4/" folder.

Hope this helps.

OP
C

chaoslimits

Reaction score
9 but 6 of them are charging pngs.
It's obvious that the battery percentages are generated somewhere else. I wanted to know where. Sorry if I wasn't clear enough.

Z

ZeroBarrier

You can not change the battery icon in MIUI. It's drawn in and not just a .png.

OP
C

chaoslimits

Reaction score
Thanks for answering. I know they are not pngs. I'm trying to find out what xml controls it. Thanks

OP
C

chaoslimits

Reaction score
No takers?

I'm trying to implement this on my DX and would appreciate any help. Thanks

illmatic636

Reaction score
No takers?

I'm trying to implement this on my DX and would appreciate any help. Thanks

It's not on your device yet. Only Nexus, Desire and Droid1 from what I believe. If your looking to port you want to hit up Zenulator or Metickone by PM.

OP
C

chaoslimits

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. I know MIUI is not on DX.
I'm trying to figure out what xml file generates the battery percentage on the notification bar that's all.
Thanks

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. I know MIUI is not on DX.
I'm trying to figure out what xml file generates the battery percentage on the notification bar that's all.
Thanks

Themers/people draw in the battery percentages on the corresponding pngs. There are a lot more than 9.

Z

ZeroBarrier

Not in MIUI. MIUI actually draws the fill and the percentages and is not just a .png image. When I saw draw, I mean draw, as in graphically and dynamically. The only .png images used for battery, is the outer shape of the battery, and the charging images.

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Not in MIUI. MIUI actually draws the fill and the percentages and is not just a .png image. When I saw draw, I mean draw, as in graphically and dynamically. The only .png images used for battery, is the outer shape of the battery, and the charging images.

I answered it that way because he has an X and thats how he would do it for his phone, OP, just curious, why do you want to know if MIUI doesnt function on your phone? Just wondering how it works?

OP
C

chaoslimits

Reaction score

I answered it that way because he has an X and thats how he would do it for his phone, OP, just curious, why do you want to know if MIUI doesnt function on your phone? Just wondering how it works?

Cos if I know how it works, I can figure out how to implement it on the X (or any other phone for that matter).