How do I...

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by Calla969, Oct 11, 2010.

1. Calla969

Calla969 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    change the color or brightness of the clock screen saver? I use my phone as my primary alarm clock and when the clock goes into the screen saver mode, it seems to get brighter and it feels like it's burning a hole in my face all night. Is there a way to change the brightness of the screen saver? I have tried using Better Alarm Clock, but I really like how Chevy's ROM turns off the key lights when you dim the screen in clock mode. With the other apps, I would have to use another app to turn off the key lights. Can anyone help?

2. brad r

brad r Member

Ratings:
    +0
    There is an app called LEDs Hack that can turn off the soft key lights, so you could use that as a workaround along with better alarm clock.

3. drpaul07

drpaul07 Member

Ratings:
    +0
  4. Calla969

Calla969 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks for the responses guys. That's not quite what I'm looking for though. I've used LEDs hack until I discovered that I don't need it since Chevy's ROM turns the key lights off when you dim the clock screen. The problem with that app is that I can't easily turn the lights back on if I want to do something real quick while I'm in bed. With the ROM I can just hit the button and the keys light up. As for the brightness hack, I've tried that too. I don't want to change any brightness settings other than the brightness of the clock screen saver. There's got to be a way to do this. One of the themers here should know what I need to do. I think Chevy made a change because I don't think it was this bright in 4.7. Any other ideas?

5. drpaul07

drpaul07 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    yeah i get what you mean i think. well, i noticed that with the brightness app, there is a 'keep persistent' option or something like that so when its checked, it stays at the brightness you specified until you yourself change it. If that option is not checked, the brightness will revert back to what you had before you changed it as soon as the phone sleeps and is then turned back on. I actually just downloaded it and tried it out myself when i saw your thread cuz i have that problem where when the clock switches to the screen saver (with the green numbers), it seems to get brighter.

So what i'm gonna try tonight when i go to sleep is
    1) have my brightness on medium
    2) place the phone in the dock so the clock app opens
    3) then use the brightness app to dim it to 2
    4) then press the dim button in the right upper corner to make the lights of the soft keys turn off
    5) then holding the dim button to go to the screen saver with the green numbers

So if i needed to use the phone, i could tap the clock and the lights of the keys would turn on. Or if i wanted to the phone to get brighter, i could press the power button to turn screen off, then press power button again, and the screen will come back on with the medium brightness setting that i had before. Sounds kinda complicated i guess but i think that sounds ok to me lol. Would be nice if there was a hack to just dim the alarm clock though. If you ever hear of something that does that, let me know!

Search tags for this page

how do i get the blacklight on my droid razr m to go off whi

how do i get the passcode off my razer m

how do i take off the alarm on my phone

how to use screen saver droid razr

what do i do if i can not get my driod incredible 2 to turn