How do I voice to text?

droidinvasionn

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to send a text message on the motorola droid by speaking into the device and it automaticly types for you??sd

DHood

Reaction score
You can use handcent sms to talk into the phone and it type for you, it's not always accurate.

To have it read to you hold down on the message and then you'll see an option for it to read to you. It's like "speak text" or something.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
When we get 2.1, you'll have the ability to use speech to text for any text imput box, a mic key will be on your keyoboard at that time.

As to how well, we have yet to see, unless those who ported 2.1 already wish to chime in.

Silver Member
Reaction score
my cube neighbor as an n1. it's about average for a typical voice2txt program. from what i saw it wasn't terrible.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm curious 640,

suppose he decides he wants to STT the body of an email, so he hits the mike button, how long can he talk whilst it processes?

Or would one do short sentances and then allow it to translate, then you hit it again to continue? (I don't consider this Q to be a hijack BTW)

Silver Member
Reaction score
good question. i haven't used it myself, so i have no idea. it might be dynamic, filling in words as it sees fit. these android devices are capable of multi-threading processes, so the mic could be listening the entire time, but the cpu could be processing in the mean time.

maybe it's like a dictator?

Silver Member
Reaction score
he's in fla right now. will have to try to remember.