Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
If you want to lose your custom recovery image and go back to straight, unadulterated stock, then it's a simple matter of install an update.zip. It'll give you FRG01B with a clean install, won't wipe out your apps, and should take no more than 20 minutes.

If you want to keep your custom recovery image then you can do the same thing and then install SPRecovery via RSD Lite with a new, improved method. Just let me know if this is an acceptable method.

You're running the Droid 1, correct? I ask because your phone model slot is empty.

_Killer_

Reaction score
If you want to lose your custom recovery image and go back to straight, unadulterated stock, then it's a simple matter of install an update.zip. It'll give you FRG01B with a clean install, won't wipe out your apps, and should take no more than 20 minutes.

If you want to keep your custom recovery image then you can do the same thing and then install SPRecovery via RSD Lite with a new, improved method. Just let me know if this is an acceptable method.

You're running the Droid 1, correct? I ask because your phone model slot is empty.

I am running the droid 1.. and yeah, i don't mind losing anything.. (as long as nothing is wiped from the sd card)

but from what it sounds like THIS is what i've been waiting for.. a simple .zip that takes you back to unrooted stock droid!

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Okay, install this via standard update.zip methodology -- and back up your SD card in case something goes awry.

http://androidoverdrive.com/pete/OEM/9046f5a3ec09.signed-voles-ota-45394.zip

Rename and install and you should be set. There have been very few issues reported with installing this, but there have been some, so make sure you back up your SD card.

(Sorry, not trying to be a pain, but backups are your best friend! :D)

OP
S

steveyos

Reaction score
Guys they sent me the droid 2 does it matter? And if it doesn't, they said on the phone to use my battery and cover so will those fit correctly?

edit: there's a letter saying they did it on purpose due to being out of stock on the droid 1, but I wonder if I still have to use my battery and cover from my phone? The SD card is also in there can't I just keep it damn haha

Last edited:

_Killer_

Reaction score
Guys they sent me the droid 2 does it matter? And if it doesn't, they said on the phone to use my battery and cover so will those fit correctly?

edit: there's a letter saying they did it on purpose due to being out of stock on the droid 1, but I wonder if I still have to use my battery and cover from my phone? The SD card is also in there can't I just keep it damn haha

you're confused as to whether or not you can keep it?? they sent it to you with a letter saying they did so on purpose.. Right?? i would say it's all yours!

OP
S

steveyos

Reaction score
you're confused as to whether or not you can keep it?? they sent it to you with a letter saying they did so on purpose.. Right?? i would say it's all yours!

I saw the letter after, but I'm also wondering if I can still put lithium and clockwork on it

It's also asking me for a password that I don't know when I'm trying to activate it. Does anyone know which password that'd be? Like is it the one where you log into my account on verizon's website or something?

Last edited:

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
The Droid2 has not yet been hacked. Therefore you cannot put a custom ROM kernel or anything else on it at present. Gives it a month or so, maybe even less.

OP
S

steveyos

Reaction score
I sure hope so, I don't think I'll be able to live without lithium

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
I still wonder if everyone's Droid is really so bipolar that they need so much lithium... ;)

In the meantime, either get used to MotoBlur or install a different launcher to get rid of the MotoBlurSuck. :D

OP
S

steveyos

Reaction score
I like lithium because it makes the market actually work, I can't believe even with 2.2 how slow and buggy the market is you really figure they woulda figured it out by now

Oh and most importantly, pink-life!

As far as motoblur goes, I don't use any social networks or any of those twitter things and the only widget I use is the news and weather one, so thankfully I see no difference at all

So far the droid 2's keyboard is off-set one key too far to the right, so my left thumb has to stretch over to reach the middle keys... I guess I could explain it like naturally my fingers rest on D and H instead of F and J, which renders this one's keyboard almost useless too, but swype is AWESOME

Oh and the internal storage space is nice, but all this doesn't matter if I can't have lithium :iphone: