How do I unroot from Lithium 1.0.12?

steveyos

Reaction score
Google's not my friend so please don't tell me to talk to him, I've tried. Since I've had my droid the headphone jack has been messed up, wasn't a big deal since I had an mp3 player but I got rid of that and now want to use my phone as my mp3 player. I'd imagine I need to go back to the stock boot and rom, then hopefully get a new droid and more importantly hopefully be able to root that one back to lithium of course.

Please help. If you're going to point me to another thread please make sure it doesn't just say to download the stock boot and rom without actually linking to them as I don't know where to get them.

vbhokiefan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
If you don't already have it, download ROM MANAGER from the market. It has the stock, unrooted "ROM" that you can flash using said program.

TedWilliams

Reaction score
Born in Cambridge, MA but now live in Portland, OR
Google's not my friend so please don't tell me to talk to him, I've tried. Since I've had my droid the headphone jack has been messed up, wasn't a big deal since I had an mp3 player but I got rid of that and now want to use my phone as my mp3 player. I'd imagine I need to go back to the stock boot and rom, then hopefully get a new droid and more importantly hopefully be able to root that one back to lithium of course.

Please help. If you're going to point me to another thread please make sure it doesn't just say to download the stock boot and rom without actually linking to them as I don't know where to get them.

You don't need to go back to stock. If your headset doesn't work, it won't work. Just take your rooted droid back to VZW and have them give you a new one.

OP
S

steveyos

Reaction score
If you don't already have it, download ROM MANAGER from the market. It has the stock, unrooted "ROM" that you can flash using said program.

I've got rom manager, I've tried that before and it didn't work. I don't think it replaces the clockwork recovery either.

You don't need to go back to stock. If your headset doesn't work, it won't work. Just take your rooted droid back to VZW and have them give you a new one.

Are you sure it doesn't void the warranty? Well according to http://www.droidforums.net/forum/lithiummod/70282-so-i-just-verizon-store.html it does void the warranty but you can find someone who'll replace it anyway. I tried taking it to the store before I rooted and they gave me a verizon number to call to replace it.

TedWilliams

Reaction score
Born in Cambridge, MA but now live in Portland, OR

I've got rom manager, I've tried that before and it didn't work. I don't think it replaces the clockwork recovery either.

Are you sure it doesn't void the warranty? Well according to http://www.droidforums.net/forum/lithiummod/70282-so-i-just-verizon-store.html it does void the warranty but you can find someone who'll replace it anyway. I tried taking it to the store before I rooted and they gave me a verizon number to call to replace it.

Nah they're technically not allowed to void your warranty just for having a rooted phone. Now, that's not to say that some VZW stores aren't d-bags and make it harder on you. If it's rooted and the screen is broken because of something you did, then yeah they can void it, but if it's in good condition and rooted, they technically can't deny you.

OP
S

steveyos

Reaction score
Do you think I could go back to a store to get it replaced or did that guy give me a number to call because I have to call a number for my specific problem?

superbalde

Reaction score

Nah they're technically not allowed to void your warranty just for having a rooted phone. Now, that's not to say that some VZW stores aren't d-bags and make it harder on you. If it's rooted and the screen is broken because of something you did, then yeah they can void it, but if it's in good condition and rooted, they technically can't deny you.

Ahahaha, cmon Ted! Rooting ABSOLUTELY voids your warranty. Modifying any of the stock programming outside of OTA updates and market apps voids your warranty as stated in your contract with VZW. VZW reps can be really loose or really strict about this (they could stop your warranty claim for installing Non-Market apps if they wanted). The whole deal about jailbreaking or rooting being legal doesn't stop the contract you signed saying you will not use the phone in a way it was not intended for.

They put those safeguards in place to protect themselves. If everyone was running 1.2ghz kernals and burning their CPUs, it's the modder's fault. VZW didn't run the droid up to 1.2ghz because they know it could ruin the phone.

So yes Ted, you can legally root your phone, but that doesn't mean your warranty is valid if you install things that could potentially damage your phone.
---------------------

There is a workaround though. If you make your phone look as stock as possible and remove any mods or aesthetics, they might just not notice it's rooted. Now, this will only work if they are replacing the phone in the store right then. If you have to mail the phone in, I wouldn't do it still rooted. The techs know that a rooted phone means you have access past the safeguards they put in place and you could have damaged the phone.

It's like getting a warranty on a new car. Sure you are covered, but not if you decide to try to take your car to a demolition derby or drive it underwater. Those activities are not covered. Just like rooting and overclocking and installing ROMs.

xKoldFuzionx

Reaction score
There is a thread on here to unroot/unbrick your phone. Do a google search for unbricking your phone. I know it's on here because ice used it many times already,I just couldn't tell you what there URL is off hand.

It's just a matter of using RSD Lite and flashing the 2.0.1 SBK on to your phone. It'll make you re- activate your phone and then will put the 2.2 OTA on.

Sent from my Moto Droid using Tapatalk

OP
S

steveyos

Reaction score
Last edited:
OP
S

steveyos

Reaction score
AAAAAAAAAAAA it's saying on rsd lite please manually power up this phone /// progress: executed 100% /// result: in process

but I just activated it and it seems to be fine, I signed in with my google account and the market is acting quite stock right now because it took forever to load, soooooooooo all is well? Should I just ignore what rsdlite says now and unplug it?

xKoldFuzionx

Reaction score
AAAAAAAAAAAA it's saying on rsd lite please manually power up this phone /// progress: executed 100% /// result: in process

but I just activated it and it seems to be fine, I signed in with my google account and the market is acting quite stock right now because it took forever to load, soooooooooo all is well? Should I just ignore what rsdlite says now and unplug it?

Yeah, you are OK. If you eyre to leave it plugged in and restart your phone manually, that message would go away, but you dint have to. You're ok to unplug it and go about whatever you're doing.

OP
S

steveyos

Reaction score
Yeaaaahhhh thanks yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes

Now hopefully I can send it in for a phone with a working headphone jack, get that new one rooted and finally start developing

Here comes the hardest part of all: calling verizon