How do I uninstall Wired Tether? Not showing up in apps. Please help a brother :)

Discussion in 'Project Elite' started by diggy488, Sep 28, 2010.

1. diggy488

diggy488 New Member

I'm aware of the FCs when opening Wired Tether, so I wanted to reinstall it, but when I go to remove the app, it's not listed. I see Wireless, but not Wired.
    I've downloaded the latest wired tether and placed the apk in the root of my sd card. I tried to use Astro to install this one, but it recognized my preinstalled wired tether and only gave me the option to uninstall. When I tried to uninstall, I get "uninstall not successful". How can I fix this? Thanks, and your help is much appreciated.
  2. DF Smod

DF Smod New Member

It's probably installed as a system/app and needs to be deleted via Root Explorer or Terminal Emulator

Do you have either of these ?
  3. diggy488

diggy488 New Member

Root Explorer to the rescue! I was able to delete the original .apk and reinstall. Works beautifully now. Thanks again for your effort!
  4. diggy488

diggy488 New Member

Well I went to use Wired Tether last night and I kept getting FCs, so back to square one. I'm aware it's a common issue with this rom but if anyone has a solution meanwhile, please let me/us know.
  5. BlackDiamond

BlackDiamond New Member

Have you tried doing a wireless tether..IMO it works better then the wired tether..
  6. diggy488

diggy488 New Member

I uninstalled/reinstalled and now it seems to be working. I was doing some electrical work in the house, cutting power to my cable modem, so I wanted to use my desktop. Since it doesn't have a wireless card, the wired tether would've been great. All is well for now though! Thanks
Search tags for this page

how to remove i am wired

iam wired apps

remove i am wired