How do I Un-Root Droid X?

Foreverrr

Reaction score
I installed z4Root a few minute ago, rooted, and rebooted my phone. It's extremely sluggish and is very slow.

I wish i could install some cool roms but i'd rather be just back to normal but don't know how to unroot my phone.

can anybody explain this to me? thank you

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I installed z4Root a few minute ago, rooted, and rebooted my phone. It's extremely sluggish and is very slow.

I wish i could install some cool roms but i'd rather be just back to normal but don't know how to unroot my phone.

Just use z4Root. There's a remove root button.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
+1

Just use z4Root. There's a remove root button.

DroidForums junkie!

OP
F

Foreverrr

Reaction score
Where? theres only one button for me, and that's "Root", theres no menu that pops up either if i click the menu botton.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Are you on v1.3.0?

DroidForums junkie!

maderschramm

Reaction score
You have an older version of z4root. Google search z4root xda and you'll be redirect to xda developers. Download that version and it should have an unroot option. That said, I prefer to .sbf flash to unroot/return my phone to stock. There's a link to a tutorial in my signature.

Hope that helps.

wb1960

Reaction score
do you need both the sbf file and the rdlite file??Also, I am running 2.3.15 rooted(I dont remember how I rooted )with the stock rom. I have boostrap and clockwork on my phone. I got nervous when the beginning of your sig said dont use the files if you are rooted. Is this the right sbf files I need in your sig?I just want to unroot to get the new update

fbcalidude

Reaction score
help please

Hi i accepted the new 2.2.1 update now my root doesnt work. I read that to apply new update with z4 you must unroot. Well i tried but cant do it maybe it is because i had bloatware frozen but since i dont have superuser permission anymore i cant use titanium backup to unfreeze could someone help me getting my phone unfreeze unrooted and rooted again please thank you

Trkin

Reaction score
Hi i accepted the new 2.2.1 update now my root doesnt work. I read that to apply new update with z4 you must unroot. Well i tried but cant do it maybe it is because i had bloatware frozen but since i dont have superuser permission anymore i cant use titanium backup to unfreeze could someone help me getting my phone unfreeze unrooted and rooted again please thank you

I think I've got the same exact problem.
some root apps say I am rooted. but none of them work and z4 won't properly root or unroot and often freezes requiring battery removal for reboot.