How do I turn off the green "fully charged" led indicator?

JRizEJ6

Reaction score
Topic.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

OP
JRizEJ6

JRizEJ6

Reaction score
Yeah I've noticed that too. Any way to turn it off?

myriad46

Reaction score
Unfortunately, this is the kind of stuff that tends to last thorugh update after update. Probably won't be anyway to do it without rooting.

brockeverly

Reaction score
The message alert at full charge is probably more annoying than the LED, IMO

SPG900NY

Reaction score
A reboot "fixes" this (fun). Also, if you charge in the car dock, and take the phone out of the dock, it still thinks it's in the dock even though you're nowhere near your car.

Smart phone? My a$$.

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
Topic.

I see what you guys mean, it sits there on the cable and then the damn green light comes on. OK it charged I think but, nope it's 90% charged. Seems to take forever to finish the last 10%. Why do they have the come on so early?

jimmoff

Reaction score
A reboot "fixes" this (fun). Also, if you charge in the car dock, and take the phone out of the dock, it still thinks it's in the dock even though you're nowhere near your car.

Smart phone? My a$$.

Instead of rebooting, try reconnecting it to the dock or usb cable on your computer. I haven't tried the dock yet, but I connected my phone and usb to my pc, then disconnected the phone. The green light goes away. Very frustrating. Hopefully this will be fixed in the future.

vvildcard

Reaction score
I see what you guys mean, it sits there on the cable and then the damn green light comes on. OK it charged I think but, nope it's 90% charged. Seems to take forever to finish the last 10%. Why do they have the come on so early?

I suspect this is a battery life saver. When you charge Lithium batteries to full and then keep them there, it significantly lowers long-term battery life.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Topic.

Gingerbread made my X take forever to get the last 10%... it used to be fast with Froyo

sent from my ApeX

JohnnytheK

Reaction score

I suspect this is a battery life saver. When you charge Lithium batteries to full and then keep them there, it significantly lowers long-term battery life.

Except keeping a Li-Ion battery on a charger does not affect it's battery life.