1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

How do I turn off mail?

Discussion in 'Droid Incredible FAQ' started by Rockydoc, Aug 28, 2010.

1. Rockydoc

Rockydoc New Member

I have a new Droid Incredible. It is set up to receive my Comcast.net email. This is great when I need it, like when I am out of town, so I don't have to take my laptop. But when I am at home I have my Mac and I prefer to handle my email on it.

So how do I turn my email on when I am traveling and off when I am at home?

I ran several searches on this forum and didn't find an answer to my question.

Rockydoc
  2. aminaked

aminaked New Member

I think most people just leave it running on their phone all the time. I know I do.

Anyway, if you are using POP3 then your email client probably allows you to set polling interval to never.

Personally, though, I don't like to toggle settings all the time so I leave stuff on. Are you trying to save battery life by shutting it off on the phone? It doesn't save much power.
  3. Rockydoc

Rockydoc New Member

How do I turn off email

I just don't want my email inbox filling up, and I don't want to waste my time deleting email I have already read on my Mac. How do I set that poling interval to never , as you suggested?
  4. aminaked

aminaked New Member

You shouldn't have to delete it in 2 places. I use k9 and set sync remote deletions. The stock email app should not be used as it is buggy.

Check your email client's settings for polling interval. It only works for POP3 as IMAP uses push, not polling.
  5. Rockydoc

Rockydoc New Member

email off, email on

When you say "email client" do you mean the email program on my Droid Incredible, on my Mac or at Comcast.net? I am not sure I even know what an email client is. When you say the stock email is buggy do you mean the one on DI? What would you recommend instead?

Rockydoc
  6. aminaked

aminaked New Member

An email client is any program used to send/receive email. I was saying that you should set "delete from server when I delete" on the phone's email client.

I wasn't paying attention to the fact that we're in the DI forum. I don't know how the DI mail client is. Personally, I use K9. Many people seem to like it. Another method is to have google check your email account. Then you could receive your mail in the gmail app. It is pretty easy to set up by logging in at gmail.com and going to settings there.
Search tags for this page

android disable sync with stock email

disable email on lg vortex

does phone mail deactivate after power outage

droid x how to stop email client

how do i disable email sync on htc one

how do i take my email off how do i take my email off the ph

how do i temporarily disable voice mail on my att s4 galaxy

how to log out of email on lg lucid

how to turn off a mail application a driod incredib;e

how to turn off email notifications on a lucid 2

how to turn off email on my android