How do I turn off email on my HTC DI

Rockydoc

Reaction score
I have a new Droid Incredible. It is set up to receive my Comcast.net email. This is great when I need it, like when I am out of town, so I don't have to take my laptop. But when I am at home I have my Mac and I prefer to handle my email on it.

So how do I turn my email on when I am traveling and off when I am at home?

I ran several searches on this forum and didn't find an answer to my question.

Rockydoc

Sutasei

Reaction score
I'm not quite sure what you mean, but there is an option to switch notifications.

If open your email, push menu, more, settings, it'll show you the different options. From there, go to "Notification Settings". From there you can turn off the notification sound.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have a new Droid Incredible. It is set up to receive my Comcast.net email. This is great when I need it, like when I am out of town, so I don't have to take my laptop. But when I am at home I have my Mac and I prefer to handle my email on it.

So how do I turn my email on when I am traveling and off when I am at home?

I ran several searches on this forum and didn't find an answer to my question.

Rockydoc

How about you just remove sync while you don't want to be bothered, then sync up when you do?

broemer

Reaction score
removing email from sync

I'm a new user so everything's pretty confusing. How do I remove sync for the email? When I look at the sync menu, it doesn't give me the option of syncing email accounts, just news, google, background data, backup assistant and a couple others, but not email. I've checked the setting for each email account and can only reduce the sync to once a day.