How Do I Turn It Off???

nooter99

Reaction score
Installed Radiotime a few months ago, couldn't figure out how to turn it off, so I would just use ATK to shut it down each time. Per the forum's advice, I uninstalled ATK to resolve some other minor issues I was having. Now I can't figure out how to turn off Radiotime!!! I know I can go to settings..applications...manage applications...radiotime...force stop, but c'mon, there's gotta be an easier way than that, right? I'm sure it's something simple, but I was never very good at spotting the obvious!

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I don't use the app but there might be an option in settings to "exit" or "sign out"

droiddollll

Reaction score
While in station play hit the stop button and then the "left" arrow (<)at the top of the screen right next to where it says Radiotime).

OP
N

nooter99

Reaction score
Droiddolll, does that actually shut it down? Seems like it just pauses the station that's playing. Isn't it still running in the background?

droiddollll

Reaction score
If the station isn't playing then it shouldn't be running in the background. At least it isn't for me.

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
Droiddolll, does that actually shut it down? Seems like it just pauses the station that's playing. Isn't it still running in the background?

It will stay in memory, but won't be running. If you go to use it again it will start quicker since will already be in memory. If the phone needs the memory for something else it will throw it out of memory. No need to worry about it.

As an aside, you don't need to uninstall ATK. The problems arise when people have it set to automatically delete apps the phone needs to run. ATK is nice to have around in case an app goes haywire and needs to be killed. Going through the steps you mentioned in your post will work, but ATK is easier and faster.