How do i turn 3g on?

olivercaine

Reaction score
i connected to a wi-fi network on my Droid, and now i cant figure out how to go back to using the 3g network. I have looked through the wireless & network settings menu and don't see anything about connecting to 3g. I turned off the wifi connection, but it didnt help.
How do i get back online when im on the road???

roflcopters

Reaction score
When I turn Wifi off it automatically connects back to the 3G network. Have to tried restarting the phone? A better pull maybe? Heck, you may just be out of a 3G coverage area.

dgonz

Reaction score
i know you can download a widget that acts as a one touch switch between 2g and 3g, i can't remember the name right now sorry. But i know it comes as a set of free widgets you can download in the marketplace...i use the one for one touch vibrate and sounds mode...hope this helps.

Silver Member
Reaction score
i connected to a wi-fi network on my Droid, and now i cant figure out how to go back to using the 3g network. I have looked through the wireless & network settings menu and don't see anything about connecting to 3g. I turned off the wifi connection, but it didnt help.
How do i get back online when im on the road???
wifi takes prescendence over 3G, always. as soon as you disconnect from wifi, you should automatically connect to 3G, provided you have service.

if you don't have 3G coverage, you'll get a 1X instead.

barrett.axmaker

Reaction score
Hey man I dunno if you fixed yours yet but I had the same problem. I restarted my phone and the 3G came back. Good luck