How do I transfer video from Droid to External Portable Hard Drive?

AlphaDroid

Reaction score
How do I transfer video from a Motorola Droid to a Portable External Hard Drive?

How do I transfer video and photo files from the nearly full 16gb SDHC to a Portable External Hard Drive using the college computer? I don't own a computer but have access to the college computer.

Just bought a Toshiba 500GB USB 2.0 Portable External Hard Drive HDDR500E04XL (Liquid Blue) for $85.

I've read on a review site that the Portable External Hard Drive should formatted to NTFS and comments on the software included. Customer Reviews Of TOSHIBA 500GB Liquid Blue Portable External Hard Drive 3 Year Manufacturer Warranty HDDR500E04XL

I don't know what buttons to push. Any suggestions on how to do this procedure?

I want to get it off the nearly full SDHC so I can continue using the video camera.

And once it's on the Portable External Hard Drive, should that be backed up also? How, on another Portable External Hard Drive?

Thankyou in advance.

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Does the PC have an SDCard reader?

Taegost

Reaction score
Provided they haven't locked the computers down, do the following:
1) Plug in both the phone and hard drive to the computers USB ports
2) Mount the SD card (From the Notifications area of the phone after you plug it into the computer)
3) Open My Computer
4) Find the phone in the list of drives
5) Find the files you want to move
6) Open another window of My Computer (So you have 2 open)
7) Find the external hard drive in the list of drives
8) Find where you want to move the files to
9) Drag and drop the files from the phone to the hard drive
10) WHen you're done, make sure you do the "Safely remove hardware" option (It'll be in the lower-right corner of Windows near the clock, a little green icon) for both devices
11) Unplug the devices and get a coffee, you're done!