How do i transfer from one Pro to another?

mspm47

Reaction score
For those who have followed my journey with the Droid Pro, you know they are sending me a new one today. How do i sync or get my apps and email settings (K9) from the old one to the new one?

the journey continues....

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
For those who have followed my journey with the Droid Pro, you know they are sending me a new one today. How do i sync or get my apps and email settings (K9) from the old one to the new one?

the journey continues....

Well, you have a google phone. So all your apps that you purchased will be in the Market in your downloads. Your free apps more then likely you will have to get them again, please do not reinstall any task killer or antivirus.

Your contacts are backed up by gmail so as soon as you sign in your contacts should return.

That's really all there is to it. Good luck.

ravenhawk

Reaction score
When I started up my second Droid Pro it automatically loaded my contacts, ALL of my apps, including free ones, and even my network and wireless passwords.

OP
mspm47

mspm47

Reaction score
Thanks Ravenhawk but my second Pro came as a brick so i have decided to end my experiment with the Pro. I am going to try the D2G and see if it performs better.

ravenhawk

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that. My 2nd came in much better than the first one, call quality and battery life are worlds better. Having one or two small issues, so I'm going considering getting a third, since I really do love this phone. Good luck with the D2G though, and let us know how you like it when you get it.

google123

Reaction score
Thanks Ravenhawk but my second Pro came as a brick so i have decided to end my experiment with the Pro. I am going to try the D2G and see if it performs better.

If you still have the second one that won't power up, take the battery out, plug the phone in and hold the power button for about 15 seconds, unplug and insert battery again. Hopefully it will start.
Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

OP
mspm47

mspm47

Reaction score

If you still have the second one that won't power up, take the battery out, plug the phone in and hold the power button for about 15 seconds, unplug and insert battery again. Hopefully it will start.
Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

I tried that a few times but nothing. I think it was DOA.