How do I tell if this is a scratch/crack or dust?

DrFeelgood

Reaction score
Well, I mentioned my dust caught under screen problem in a thread about a week ago, and today I took my phone up to a Verizon retailer and had the guy there look at it. He said to take it to a technician and have them look at it because it might be a crack. How can I tell if its a crack? It appears to be a black line kind of forming an arch like shape around the border of my screen and when I look from and angle it appears to be 3 dimensional but I'm not sure. This is bugging me, is there any way to tell?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

trook

Reaction score
there is an app in the market that will do pixel tests, but beyond that... I have no clue. I would be flipping out if it was me. check out screen test toolkit, its a free app on the market, also check out dead pixel tester. I'm sorry for your loss.

OP
DrFeelgood

DrFeelgood

Reaction score
Well the phone works just fine, so it's not a loss just yet. And I don't think it's a crack since it works, but I'm still worried.

Cunha

Reaction score
If you bought that baby brand new from verizon with a contract have them give you a new one since that one is ruined and obviously (obviously...) is a factory problem and should be rectified.

Unless its your fault.

Willocks

Reaction score
Possible bad news, my wife just got the htc inc. and like a day after she got it the screen cracked just from using it. The touch screen still worked even with it cracked. Even though it seems to me the screen could have only broke due to a small crack that she did not notice before she took it home so should have been a man.defect they still made us pay the ins. deductable